Menu
Tone_smith
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Early installation Text messages

Hello all, The Mrs has signed upto Virgin on a new contract, installation date 22.2.19, I received a text message yesterday asking us of an early installation date on Wednesday 13th Feb AM or PM, I replied YES to which I got the reply “Thanks we’ll check on that date and confirm shortly” I’ve not had a text message since, does this mean that the engineer is coming tomorrow or it’s definately the 22.2.19? I’ve called virgin this morning and the lady I spoke to didn’t understand about the text messages and kept stating don’t reply to the messages (I already had done) and no engineer will come out!? It was as though she didn’t want me on the phone. Anyone had this before or anyone know if the engineer will show tomorrow morning? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Early installation Text messages

Hi Tone_smith

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for posting.

We are sorry for any confusion regarding your installation. 

Have you received any further texts following the one which stated "“we’ll check on that date and confirm shortly"?

Many thanks 

0 Kudos
Tone_smith
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just received another text message saying “So sorry but that date is now no longer available, we'll leave your date as it was. Thanks. Virgin Media” oh well! I just don’t understand why virgin would text the option of early installation out to people and not follow through with it? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for updating us on that.

We are sorry for any disappointment and inconvenience which may have been caused by this process. 

0 Kudos