Menu
Reply
  • 1.74K
  • 275
  • 312
arrgee1991
Super solver
169 Views
Message 11 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Discounts


@mk wrote:

Guessing that downgrade or upgrade all count as change of service and probably a new 12 month contract. 


Downgrade is NOT a change of service and there is NO new 12 month contract. This is in the terms and conditions. Read this  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/Notice-required-to-downgrade-from-Full-House-to-Playe...

Upgrade is not either unless you are offered a discount on the upgrade and accept a 12 month contract.

 

 

Section K1 from the terms:

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services.html#...

1. You may add to or reduce your services (including the content you receive on the television service) from time to time by contacting our customer services team.  If you ask us to add any extra services or any extra content or bundles of content to the television service, you agree to accept such additional content or bundles of content for at least the minimum period that applies to it.  If you ask us to reduce your tier of services within the minimum period for that service, we may ask you to pay an early disconnection fee depending on the service being reduced and the remaining length of the minimum period.  If you wish to reduce your tier of service or remove any additional service (including premium television channels) you must give us 30 days’ notice and pay any applicable charges (including usage charges and line rental) up to the end of that 30-day notice period.  Any changes to the services under this paragraph do not give rise to a new agreement, even if you agree a new minimum period.

 

 

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 1.74K
  • 275
  • 312
arrgee1991
Super solver
158 Views
Message 12 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Discounts


@arrgee1991 wrote:

Downgrade is NOT a change of service and there is NO new 12 month contract.

 


Let me clarify that.  You will get a Service Change receipt if you downgrade, but it will NOT be a new 12 month contract.

 

 

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 19.74K
  • 2.02K
  • 3.77K
Superuser
Superuser
151 Views
Message 13 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Discounts


@arrgee1991 wrote:

@arrgee1991 wrote:

Downgrade is NOT a change of service and there is NO new 12 month contract.


Let me clarify that.  You will get a Service Change receipt if you downgrade, but it will NOT be a new 12 month contract.


Downgrades can enter a new minimum term, which is does say above:

Any changes to the services under this paragraph do not give rise to a new agreement, even if you agree a new minimum period.

Not all of will, but it's not a blanket no to a new period. All depends on the bundle agreed.

**********************************
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 1.74K
  • 275
  • 312
arrgee1991
Super solver
147 Views
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Discounts


@BenMcr wrote:

@arrgee1991 wrote:

@arrgee1991 wrote:

Downgrade is NOT a change of service and there is NO new 12 month contract.


Let me clarify that.  You will get a Service Change receipt if you downgrade, but it will NOT be a new 12 month contract.


Downgrades can enter a new minimum term, which is does say above:

Any changes to the services under this paragraph do not give rise to a new agreement, even if you agree a new minimum period.

Not all of will, but it's not a blanket no to a new period. All depends on the bundle agreed.


Only if you agree which is what I stated above regarding upgrades.  A downgrade in its own right does not automatically mean a new 12 month contract.  It is important customers know that as most seem to assume it does.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 16
  • 0
  • 1
mk
Tuning in
134 Views
Message 15 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Discounts

Appreciate all responses and clarifications - will speak to VM to confirm.

I note that providers are to be forced into providing clear info in advance of contract ending see BBC and Moneysaving Expert websites today.

About time to - customers only require correct info on contracts, best deals available etc. to make a decision.

Hopefully will avoid the annual to and fro with retentions to get a reasonable deal

 

 

 

 

0 Kudos
Reply