Menu
ericg
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Charges

Why am I being charged a total of £64 per month for a simple phone and broadband package (with talk any time) when my friend across the road pays £40 per month for a similar package (and he is moving to Zen to save even more money. It seems impossible to determine the individual charges for the components ofthe bill. Are there any means of speaking to someone not to a callcentre  (in India?) who are of little help. After joining when it was Comcast or Telewest (so long ago it was ondial up) if nothing can be done I will reluctantly have to move to Zen as well 

ericg

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charges

I'm guessing its probably because you've accepted every price rise and never called up to question them or negotiate a price

0 Kudos
ericg
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry JB66, but I have negotiated several loyalty reductions over many years, but am now told by call centre (in India but without any power to negotiate I presume) that no loyalty bonuses are available. So much for loyalty!
ericg
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

you are not a new customer. so new customer will get better deals.

you should move to a new ISP that is the only way to keep on the best deal. Move at the end of each contract

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
ericg
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry apcyberax, but both my examples are long term VM users. Maybe they have threatened to leave more often than I have.
ericg
0 Kudos