Menu
Highlighted
NRB
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Cancelled with Virgin after 16 years due to no loyalty.

I have been with Virgin for over 9 years at this address and 7 years at another. A total of 16 years. I have cancelled because my price is too high. Disconnection date is this month. Just had my TV aerial installed this morning so now I'm on Freeview, I think the only thing I will miss is internet, but there are other provider out there for this. Loyalty phoned me and gave me an offer that was even higher than customer services offered when I asked to cancel my contract. bit of a joke to be honest.

I have spoken with disconnections and loyalty but the offers are still much higher than if I was a new customer so I'm sticking with my disconnection date.

I can get a cheaper, better deal if I was a new customer with Virgin. Would Virgin rather loose a customer of 16 years than match a deal on the website??I would have happily stayed if they looked after customers. I would be happy to pay the same price as a new customer in a new contract. Virgin need to treat their customers better or they'll be loosing a lot. The Sky engineer on my street tells the same story. Ex Virgin customers are 99% of what he's installing due to them being fed up with Virgin.

FYI - Virgin have matched new customer deals in the past with me, sometimes even offering a better deal. This lady on disconnection just seemed arrogant. I dont really want to pay Virgin to listen to her attitude.  

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelled with Virgin after 16 years due to no loyalty.

Offers are weighted toward new customers & this is general industry policy. It is also actively encouraged by the industry regulator as it encourages customers to switch provider & make it look like competition in the market is working.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
vmoldie
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Been with NTL and Virgin since cable came to my area so I’m off too soon as my contract runs out, always been a fan of Virgin will miss the broadband speed, but the way they have treated me over uktv and the could not care less attitude of the call centre, the ever rising prices is also a factor, like every big company no loyalty to exciting customers 

jamesofmerton
Well-informed
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

'the ever rising prices is also a factor'

what price rises are these. sky and virgin increases their prices once a year (sky had two in one year a couple of years ago). any other 'increase' would be due to a loyalty discount ending. ie you then pay what you should be paying, the same as everyone else.

0 Kudos
NRB
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Anyone who pays the price given after their contract has ended is daft. You phone up and renegotiate. Not just with Virgin, but with any company - insurance, utilities, or even the odd job man who has come to fix something at your house. You haggle for the best possible price. 
I originally rang up about the loss of UKTV, which I do honestly miss the paid for channels. The free ones I now have through Freeview. The way customer services treated me, made me leave. As I said, I will stay if the price is right, but I'm not paying £30 more a month for the same package a new customer gets cheap. Virgin have matched in past, even done better. Its simple, if they dont want customers then there are alternatives out there. 
The price increase is basically- if people dont question it, then Virgin (and any other company) are on to a winner. They'll keep putting it up if you keep paying it. They can do it cheaper, and thats the price I want. I'm not after anything for free, but I'm not stupid.

NRB
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Just to let everyone know, I have renegotiated to stay with Virgin. Its included a refund, a discount and no new contract, I'm still on a 30 days rolling.
It all depends on who you speak with at Virgin. The teesside call center is certainly the best.

It was a girl at the Scottish call center that made me leave in the first place. Big attitude problem and lies. 

Hope the rest of you can sort a decent deal. They're out there. 

mart1969
Up to speed
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

EXCELLENT!!

tinkermojoman
Dialled in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Wouldn`t be so bad if they gave everyone a speed increase too
ada666
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Should never have got as far as it did.  Should have matched offer in 1st place.  Glad you got yourself a deal in the end though.  Glad they saw sense.

0 Kudos
FrankieBeee
Dialled in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I am in same position and got some arrogant person practically telling me its tough (I too am concerned about rising prices as there seems to be so much 'creep' in them - mind you my new vets has increased theirs by over 100%) - have been with Virgin for longer than 16 years. I may ring back later when I calm down as I've never had such a bad phone call with virgin in my life. He was so arrogant he kept trying to tie me up with numbers and even when I put the phone down on him he kept ringing back and while I picked phone up once again I did same and put it down as I was going nowhere and he would've give up. It was as if he had to have the last word. I didn't pick it up the 4th time and even though I cut the call ring he put it into override so it kept ringing. 

0 Kudos