Menu
Pennyccarroll
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can’t log in

I’ve been having a nightmare with my virgin box for months, a new one was finally sent out but my old remote will not connect. Virgin are sending out a new one but suggested I download the remote app.

it WILL NOT let me log in!! I’ve tried entering all other security details etc and still nothing. At my wits end....

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t log in

what happens when you try and login? any error messages?, tried the password reset on the login page

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Pennyccarroll
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It just won’t log in, as if the password is incorrect. I’ve tried changing it, so then they want my security details, which I’ve entered and the same happened. I even entered my account number, date of last bill and amount and still nothing!

i thought I was using the wrong password but it seems everything is being rejected.

this is on my phone and trying to log in to Virgin in order to use the remote app (have to wait several days for new remote to be sent)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Pennyccarroll

Thanks for your posts - sorry that you're having some issues with your remote control and also the TV control app. 

What issues are you having with the remote control you currently have? Have you tried removing the batteries and leaving out for 10 minutes? This resets the remote control for you. 

(What box did you have and what box do you now have?)

In regard to the Tv Control app, you just sign in using your MyVirginMedia log in information. Are you able to log into your MyVirginMedia all ok without any issues? 

Are you getting any error messages when you try and sign into the TV Control app? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Pennyccarroll
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie and thanks for replying.

i have now taken the batteries out of the old controller and will leave for ten minutes.

they have replaced the old box with the same box, EOS-B-TiVo.

ive downloaded the remote app but it won’t let me sign in to activate it. Nothing I am putting it will be accepted, despite it all being the correct information.

i would have just waited for the new remote control to be posted out to me but I have had problems with the virgin media box for months now, it just seems to be one problem after another 😭😭

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for popping back @Pennyccarroll

Let me know how you get on with the remote after you pop the batteries back in (also might be worth using new batteries if you can)

If can also let me know what issues you're having with the remote that would be great - do you see any lights flash on either the remote or the box when you press a number for example. 

In regard to the app, what happens when  you try and sign in? Are you getting any error message showing when you input your information? 

You just use the same information as for your MyVriginMedia - are you able to log into your MyVirginMedia ok? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Pennyccarroll
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Katie you are A STAR!! The battery removal has worked and we can now use the new box!

ypu have saved me days of grief so I can’t thank you enough!

i think the app must be glitchy as all the details I was entering was correct, there was no error message, it just flashed, went green for a second as the information I was adding was correct, then simply would not log me in. I tried resetting password, nothing, added all my account details, DOB, last payment day and amount, still wouldn’t access. 
I’m not too bothered about it now as I can actually use the old control, so will just delete the app.

once again I can’t thank you enough for that tip!

i hope you have a great weekend! 🥂

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So pleased that the battery trick worked for you @Pennyccarroll!!!

The remote would have still been linked to your old box - by removing the batteries for an extended period, you delete the link to your old box 🙂 

Sorry that the app was still not working for you but glad the remote is - at least when you get your new remote, you'll have a spare! That's always a good thing as I lose mine all the time so having a spare is great! haha!

Glad to have been able to help - enjoy your weekend!

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos