Menu
DOTLESS50
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phone line cutting out after a few minutes

I am writing on behalf of my sister whose phone line is cutting out sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes longer. We have changed phones to see if that was where the fault was but it is still doing the same thing. I had permission to talk to you when the account was in my mother's name but contacted you to tell you that she had passed away and it was transferred into my sister's name. I have tried logging in with the the username and password I had when the account was in my mother's name but it does not recognise them.

Also she has been contacted by someone saying they are from BT and need to upgrade the line. When she told them she was with Virgin they said that they supply the line for you but became quite abusive when she didn't like the questions they were asking. Would BT contact her in this way?

Doris Flynn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line cutting out after a few minutes

Hi DOTLESS50, sorry to hear that your sister is having issues with her service. Have you checked our outage checker for any known issues and estimated fix times in her area? http://virg.in/service ^PDe

0 Kudos
DOTLESS50
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No problems in the area. This has been ongoing for a few weeks. My sister only has the phone line and TV package - no computer so no broadband - and someone is coming out upgrade one of her boxes. Would it be worth asking the engineer what would be causing the problem?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that DOTLESS50

Have you called into our centres to run diagnostics on the phone line?

We would ask you to be at the property to do this and we may ask you to remove any other equipment connected to the phone line whilst we run this test. 

It would of course also be worth calling us off a mobile phone, due to the nature of this issue.

In regards to the BT call, this sounds like a scam call. We've had numerous callers reporting them recently. To attempt stopping these it would be a good idea to get in touch with the telephone preference service on 0345 070 0707

David_Bn

0 Kudos