Menu
Highlighted
dawnperring
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

No refund after landline down for 7 days.

My Virgin landline was 'down' between 27/07/19 and 02/08/19. The fault was reported, which Virgin media acknowledged this morning (30/08/19).  Virgin Media have informed me the fault was inconclusive and will not make any refund compensation. I was irate and eventually managed to speak to a manager who said he would refund me £3 in total, I told him I was disgusted and told him about the 1st April 2019 policy which they signed up to with Ofcom which entitles the customer to £8 a day. He then said did I want to escalate this to a complaint, to which I said yes and have now got a complaint reference and he told me to expect a telephone call from a Virgin team member within 5 days.   Virgin states on their web page "Just report the fault" and you will no longer have to lift a finger, your refund will be shown on your next bill".  HELP.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No refund after landline down for 7 days.

Hi dawnperring, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry to hear of the experience you've had, if this has been a complete loss of services then you should indeed be entitled to £8 a day after 48 hours. 

I've popped you over a private message so I can take a closer look at the account for you. 

Kind regards, 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos