cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line cord error

Dennissarah050
Joining in

We have had a line cord error since Saturday. We have check all leads, we have swapped the phone. Nothing works but the phone is fully functional. I did a test on the line and it said it was fine. I phoned the helpline. They said maybe I needed to plug my phone into the router but we have no adapter and I have not been informed of the change over day. We need our landline working.please advise on what to do next. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Dennissarah050 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forum, it's great to have you here.

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your landline and I would be more than happy to take a look.

Can I just check does the phone have a dial tone at all?

Is it connected at the main socket or an extension? How many other pieces of equipment are also connected here?

No dialing tone attached to the main socket. No other devices attached.

Hi @Dennissarah050, thank you for your response.

Is it possible to try plugging in another handset to see whether that makes any difference to what you're experiencing?

Regards,
Daniel

Already tried that. Still the same problem.

Hi @Dennissarah050, thank you for confirming that.

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. 

Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner. If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,

Daniel