cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land Line does not work

rforookhi
Joining in

Why the customer service of Virgin Media does not reply us?

we have had loss of telephone since I switched over to telephone via our broadband hub. Since September 2022 nothing done by Virgin Media.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@rforookhi wrote:

we have had loss of telephone since I switched over to telephone via our broadband hub. Since September 2022 nothing done by Virgin Media.

When did you first phone in to VM to report the total loss of service on your landline connection?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@rforookhi wrote:

When did you first phone in to VM to report the total loss of service on your landline connection?

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @rforookhi thanks for your post here, although we're sorry to hear of your concerns raised regarding your landline failure for so long.

Can you please confirm how your landline is connected to your Hub, did you receive the adapter originally? What happened when you spoke to us originally?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom,

Yes, I received the original adaptor from Virgin media by post. I already contacted several times to the customer service, but nothing resolved. In most cases, the customer service even could not speak English well.

Kind regards

Hi

I reported it from the first week. The first response was about some repairs in the area. But no connection yet!

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@rforookhi wrote:

Hi

I reported it from the first week. The first response was about some repairs in the area. But no connection yet!

In which case check out the compensation scheme details below and see how they apply to your situation

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

and

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions/automatic-compensation

For such a long delay in getting your phone line working you may be eligible for quite a chunk of change.

Hi

Please consider my complain on  Tue, Oct 25, 2022 at 9:32 PM as follows:

Customer account number: removed
Complaint reference: removed

Unfortunately, they did not repair and no compensation. It is impossible to register the compensation at all in the following link:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation  

It is more than 4 months that Virgin Media did not provide the Landline Service at all and even they did not pay any compensation at all.

Kind Regards

Rahim

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Customer account number: removed
Complaint reference: removed

Hello Rahim Forookhi,
We have a little update on your complaint with us. We didn’t want to delay things, so we’ve gone ahead and looked into a resolution for you.

Here’s a quick recap

Your complaint was:
Home Phone -> Faults -> I'm unable to make/receive a call

We’ve looked into it and here’s what we found:
Thank you for writing in, we understand your query in regards to your service, according to your online complaint I have learned that you're having issues with your landline which is affecting your day to day work, we understand as a customer you have high expectation when it comes to a service without any distraction.

However, as we reviewed your account, I see that there is an outage in your area, we can only assume that, due to higher volumes of network traffic, this could be causing strain on your local area network resulting in these issues being more apparent than usual, I see that the outage date open was on 12 OCT 2022 22:07 so to improve the services the engineers are trying to fix this issue and the estimated time is 02 NOV 2022 11:45, we will be sending you the updates regarding outage via email and text message.

I would just like to inform you in regards to the compensation regarding the loss of services which is automated as per the auto compensation scheme hence if the system detects any loss of services the credits will be applied automatically you can login to https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation or https://www.virginmedia.com/help/fix-an-issue as self-care assistance.

And to keep an eye on the status of your fault, try registering or signing in to your account at virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia. Alternatively, you can view this information on the My Virgin Media app, which you can download onto any compatible iOS or Android device. You can also use our webchat service with this link https://www.virginmedia.com/help/live-chat. If you need any more help in the meantime, please take a look at our help and support site at virginmedia.com/help. We appreciate the time and patience you have invested in writing to us.
Here's what we offer as a resolution:
Technical ->Technical help provided

We hope this works for you.

We’ll keep your complaint open for 28 days from now just in case you still want to talk through your options. Please ring us on 0345 454 1111 if you’re not completely happy with the resolution

If we don’t hear back after 28 days, we’ll assume you’re satisfied with everything and close your complaint.

Stay on top of your services

To make the most of your time with us, make sure you’ve downloaded the My Virgin Media app. With it, you can manage your bills with a tap and a swipe, check the service status in your area, find out when we expect any known problems will be fixed, diagnose issues with your in-home equipment, and loads more.

Take care,
The Virgin Media team

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Hi @rforookhi,

Thank you for expanding. I've just checked over things on our systems and I'm unable to detect any faults on the line currently. Is this issue ongoing for you today?

If it is ongoing, would you mind confirming what diagnostics and troubleshooting you've performed thus far in an effort to remedy the situation?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach,
I check it again. It does not work at all. As you see I reported the problem on 25 October 2022, but no one from Virgin Media followed the issue at all! Sending some links does not solve the problems! If they wanted to solve it, they could send a technician to fix it!
Kind Regards