Menu
Steveyh19
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Traffic all of a sudden has insane jitter until superhub is reset?

Every 24-48 hours my connection goes into "jitter" mode where  the average / max pings are all over the place until the superhub (and only the superhub) is reset. It has become increasingly annoying because now I have to check / reboot my internet every time I get home from work

Can a mod look at my connection and / or book an engineer for this?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Traffic all of a sudden has insane jitter until superhub is reset?

Hi Steveyh19,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community.

I have located your account using your Forum details and I can see that there was a fault we became aware of that has since been resolved. 
How have things been since you last posted? I'm hoping all is working as it should be now but if not, and you're still having an issue, come back and let me know. 
Thanks,

Louise

Forum Support Team

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
Steveyh19
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Now what keeps happening is the router is not showing any errors but the upstream ranging status of US-1/2/3/4 will go to "Aborted", and once again the router has to be reset to get internet back... this is happening on an almost daily basis

0 Kudos
Steveyh19
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Steveyh19
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This was taken when the internet stopped working again tonight. Pre RS Errors were reset a few days ago... I am not sure if 200k is a high amount over that period.

Again there is no errors in the logs when the internet goes down. It just drops until the superhub is rebooted and then it comes back again for 24 hours or so .......

Starting to get really, REALLY annoying now. Can someone look at this?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hi Steveyh19,

Apologies for the poor connection. I've just checked everything and can see there was an SNR fault on the 11th and another today which is estimated to close at 6pm.

SNR faults can be very difficult to close as they are intermittent and can have multiple points of noise ingress. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Steveyh19
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The jitter is better, but the superhub is still just losing synchronisation and requires a reboot to bring the internet back. The front of the hub has the up/down arrow blinking when this happens, and the internet comes back instantly once the hub (and only the hub) is reset. If left alone it never comes back automatically.

This happened just now (16:25), so not sure if you can tie that back to anything. Could I need / request a new superhub?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steveyh19, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have continued to have trouble with your connection. 

I will be happy to get a new hub out for you. The connection seems fine currently.

I will pop you a PM to get this arranged. 

Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner.

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos