Menu
Highlighted
Haroon786
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Lag ps4

Paying VM so much money but absolutely dissapointed... I think i may finally after many years switch ISP.

When im playing on my ps4 i get so much lag its unplayable.

Ive tried everything rebooting the modem, factory resetting, static ip, dmz, port forwarding etc nothing has worked.

Everytime i call VM the tech support have absolutely no idea what ping, lag or latency mean. This is the 4th time they have sent an engineer out... They come tug on the cable and tell me they cant find anything wrong.

They run a speedtest on their device, show me and just leave without fixing a damn thing.

Im paying a ton of money for 200mbps package but whats the point if all i get is lag and high ping.

Speedtest.net shows im getting download speed of 160-180 and upload of 12
However thinkbroadband.com says om only getting 80-100 down and 10-11 upload.

But tbh i couldn't care less about the download and upload speeds i just want fast response times and low ping.

For many years ive tried to fix this problem. Its not just one game its every game

I hope some one can help me finally fix this issue thanks! Haroon
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lag ps4

1stly could I confirm that the ps4 is connected using an ethernet cable?

0 Kudos
Haroon786
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes its connected via a cat7 ethernet cable

0 Kudos
Luke_113
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Haroon786
Please see this thread http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Hub-3-Compal-CH7465-LG-TG2492LG-and-CGNV4-Latency... this from what you're saying is probably what you're suffering from at a guess, read the last page.
1. VM have confirmed to a customer they will not be doing anything about it
2. I am attempting to get 1 changed

I would also recommend posting your superhub logs in here removing any personal info, then hopefully one of the users who understands power levels and SNR will be able to tell you if its not what I imagine it probably is.

In short, if you game Virgin Media are not for you (or at least not currently), they've shown their contempt for customers and that they're only really interested in taking your money and when you moan about lag as you've experienced will want to send an engineer out to find nothing wrong, so just wasting time and company money for something an engineer is never ever going to be able to fix.... VM COULD allow users to use their own CPE (equipment) instead of the SH3 and that would instantly resolve the Intel Puma6 issue, but no, due to an absurd reason they won't let customers do this and instead force us to suffer unbfit for use hardware.

Sorry for the depressing explanation, I would rather someone told you the problems you will face, I too am a gamer and I suffer from continual lag spikes which I can prove against my gf's VM connection which uses the SH2AC and doesn't suffer the same issue and she gets a much more stable and lower ping.....
0 Kudos
Haroon786
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info. Just how much better is the superhub2?

I will ring them and ask if they will replace this hub3 piece of **bleep**.

Im definitely not spending more money buying another modem just for it to use more electricity, i heard evene putting the router in modem mode doesn't really improve anything.  

0 Kudos