cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTA V online on PS4

D18pkk
Tuning in

I can’t get online on GTA, saying files required to play gta online could not be downloaded from the rockstar games services.

Anyone having this issue ? It was working fine few days ago, also works fine on hotspot on my mobile but when I try WiFi on virgin media it’s not working. I have done all the troubleshooting possible but not able to figure out why I can’t get online on GTA when I connect to WiFi or LAN. Are virgin media blocking any ports ? 

12 REPLIES 12

Hiya,

I ended up putting the router in modem mode.

Bought a cheap wireless router and added that to the modem.

Works a treat

B1ak3y
Tuning in

Was able any to get a resolution to this without needing to put the hub into modem mode? There is clearly an issue with blacklisted IP addresses which Virgin/Rockstar need to address.

I have same issue . Rockstar done checks saying up shouldn’t be blocked.

yet I can’t even get on rockstar social club we site . ( social club.rockstar games.com )

yeh if I dissconnect use a different internet provider it works fine. But if I use virgin don’t connect to anything to do with rockstars.

ip has conflict. Virgin phone them get them to final answer then they want to transfer you cause they have no clue . Then cut you off . You get this 3/4 times to final speak to someone . They said they raise the issue . And then nothing . Took me 14 phone calls til I had to raise a complaint . For the to say got wait another 72 hours for them to call u back. 

seems virgin don’t have clue . 
when all they need to do is change your hub. Changing your hub changes your lan IP address . 

ongoing problem. Everywhere I check and search internet seems lots people have this issue . The only fix is spending £150 on a new router and changing your hub into mode mode . 

the service virgin we pay . If u add your money cost into a year . Talking over £1,025 pound a year .  For us to fork out for another router to add there virgin is complete joke. 

virgin should look into this but they don’t care . All they say is well if all other internets fine then they wash there hands . But want £1,025 a year from you reguardless.