cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking son's PS4 from unsociable hours

ickihun
Tuning in

Hi. 

I really need your help. I hv 2 sons and youngest is autistic but teenage brother is using my Internet to shout until early hours in same bedroom as his easily upset and bad dreams with bedwetting. I need to block his PS4 from Internet access after 11.30pm max.

How do i do it?

Please. 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DavidJWalker
Well-informed
it depends on the hub you useing 3 you can get a app that controls connections hub 4 you can't do that yet i don't know if you can do it via the hub just change the admin password to the one you know and not your sons

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 350MB

Using Ultimate Volt bundle

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong. If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

DavidJWalker
Well-informed
it depends on the hub you useing 3 you can get a app that controls connections hub 4 you can't do that yet i don't know if you can do it via the hub just change the admin password to the one you know and not your sons

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong. If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others

Thanks. 

So I'm guessing I can contact VM and ask for a new password for my old hub and not give it to son as a total block but not an on/off facility.

Or

Use admin on VM and try and keep changing passwords but not tell him new password until daytime only, maybe? 

Hi @ickihun 

I'm not 100% sure here, but doesn't the PS4 have Parental Control Settings?

PS4 Parental Controls 

If you can access those settings rather than having to alter hub passwords constantly, it might be easier to do.

🤔

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

it depends on the set up with hub 3 you can set hours on actice side when it gets pass a time it block the internet via a app or if you can do the ps4 parental controls i don't know if you can turn off the internet on hours or look into https://wifi-blocker.com/ you can use that via your moblie i think it works if you connected wifi connection you want to control

i looked into that https://wifi-blocker.com/ it only cost £6.99 one off it will work on hub 4 it will maybe work on last hubs that virgin media has installed around

Thanks David Walker. If I can look at his PS4 admin first but I may hv set his machine up for him as the administrator. His dad can enforce the issue and I can see into the systems as his dad is a bit of a total technophobe.

I'll rather not spend even more money as VM has needed £200+ so far just to renegotiate a new 18mth contract and new bill of nearly £65 is requested now.

I can see me stopping after 18mths for son to organise his own Internet bill. Then he may rethink usage altogether.

I'm so fed up with money not meaning anything to teenagers anymore. My friends hv inconsiderate teenagers too but I know deep down I must hv not installed this is my son for this to happen. Mind u I've text him its either a 3rd present of Internet this year. Of course I'll get late charge on my bill but I just haven't loads of money to keep everyone in my house happy. 

Sorry just noticed.... 'one off'. 

Thanks Steve. I'm going to look in a mo as out shopping right now. 

I had the same issue years ago.

But i had an external ASUS Router connected to my SH.

I gave the kids the 2.4GHz range for there devices, but at 22:00, until 07:00 i set the range to turn OFF automatically on a daily basis.

Myself and the Wife still had the 5GHz range for our devices.

Yes the kids moaned at first, but fully understand in later life.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS GT-AX6000 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?