Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

pop world pass word error in windows live mail

I have 2 NTL windows live mail  accounts

since 5th April. I have been getting the message   that my password is incorrect on one of the pop world accounts  

I am also unable to access the same account on my android phone saying that the password is incorrect

obviously all the call centres are closed (rightly so) normally i just get another password over the phone. A 5 minute job, however i am now stuck. can anyone help me please ?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: pop world pass word error in windows live mail

Have you tried changing the password through the My Virgin Media account page?

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

If you cannot do it that way have you tried the 'Forgotten Password' link on the sign in page? virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

weirdly I input an old password in through the app on the phone and it worked and then it worked on the
email too.

thank you for the reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I am glad you have access to your emails so quickly.  However, you should not re-use passwords, it can leave you vulnerable.  Take a moment to follow the advice from VIP Graham_A, and choose new passwords for your addresses.  Review all your account and email settings regularly.  Best wishes.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos