Menu
brunnie
Tuning in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

not receiving email

trying to reset password in group, email sent to me to reset password is via noreply which I'm not receiving is it blocked?

0 Kudos
SDC
Super solver
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: not receiving email

@brunniewrote:

trying to reset password in group, email sent to me to reset password is via noreply which I'm not receiving is it blocked?

Can't make head nor tail of that, can you clarify it for us, please? What do you mean by "trying to reset password in group,"?

-------------------------------------- sig start --------------------------------------
A dog is for life, not just for Christmas.
A VM email account is NOT for life, its maximum span is the duration of its associated VM broadband account + 90 days.
-------------------------------------- sig end --------------------------------------
brunnie
Tuning in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I'm trying to login to myspace account but have forgotten my password, when myspace send link to reset my password via email

the email is not getting through to me because they say virgin is blocking it. is this true if so how can I get round it.

SDC
Super solver
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the clarification. I've not much experience with myspace, but is it not possible to contact them to ask them to send the password reset message to a different email address such as a gmail address? Surely there's a myspace forum or helpline for such eventualities.

The myspace help page at https://help.myspace.com/hc/en-us/articles/201989404-Forgot-Email- recommends checking the spam folder, so have you checked your Virgin webmail spam folder?

Can you confirm that the Virgin email address that you have on file at myspace is associated with a valid Virgin broadband account? If your Virgin email address has been closed down, that would explain why the reset message isn't getting through.

-------------------------------------- sig start --------------------------------------
A dog is for life, not just for Christmas.
A VM email account is NOT for life, its maximum span is the duration of its associated VM broadband account + 90 days.
-------------------------------------- sig end --------------------------------------
brunnie
Tuning in
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I've checked the lot myspace say it is more than likely that virgin are blocking the myspace.noreply email and I need to talk to virgin, but trying to speak to someone at virgin is a night mare you just get in a loop and virgin don't make it easy to talk to a person.  but thank you for your response I'll keep trying. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Nicola_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hello brunnie

I wonder if the email was delivered to your Webmail spam folder, it may be worth a check of that please.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
brunnie
Tuning in
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola
I've check spam folder and other email accounts with no luck I get an return error code of 550
will have to think of something else to get round the problem.
Thank you
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi brunnie,

Nicola's not here right now, hope you don't mind me replying instead Smiley Happy

Firstly, just to be absolutely certain, have you checked your webmail Spam folder rather than that of your client?

It's also worth making sure that you have no filter rules set up that may be moving mail to a specific folder.

"the email is not getting through to me because they say virgin is blocking it."

If the message is being blocked MySpace would get a failed delivery notification. Please ask them to forward this to you. Copy/paste that into a PM and send to me (hover your cursor over my picture and click on Send Message).

Or, let me know when you have it, and I'll provide you with an email address you can forward it to.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

brunnie
Tuning in
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jen
Thank you for the reply I've spoken to a member of the virgin team who as assured me no emails are blocked, I've checked filter no rules are set, nothing in webmail spam folder, I've set spam settings to flag as spam but deliver to inbox and now all attempts to contact myspace just get returned with error code 550, I think I will try to set up another myspace account and try to get to them from in the inside they just make it dammed hard to contact them. But thanks for trying.
Paul
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

With regards to 'blocked emails' what I meant was - if emails to your from the sender are failing to send, the sender will receive a failed delivery notification. Knowing the contents of that would help us understand what's happening.
But let's see what happens when you set up a new account. If you do require any further help with this do post an update and we'll see what we can do.

All the best Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos