Menu
Highlighted
Harry2365
Joining in
Message 1 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Webmail acces not working

I cannot access webmail. Just get 3 dots. Cleared all browser info. Works OK with Internet Explorer but not Chrome (latest version) Windows 10

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Super solver
Message 2 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: Webmail acces not working

Hello

Tested myself on Chrome Version 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit) and no issues here. Do you have any plugins in Chrome like addblocker, popup blocker ?

Regards Mike

I dont work for VirginMedia all opinions are my own.
39 years in IT.
0 Kudos
Harry2365
Joining in
Message 3 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike,

I do have adblocker but turned it off on your advice. Problem still remains.

Thanks,

Harry

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Does the problem occur if browsing in Incognito mode (Ctrl + Shift + N)?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Harry2365
Joining in
Message 5 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Wow - it works in incognito mode!! What's going on?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 32
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can read more about incognito mode here, How private browsing works in Chrome. Just noticed you had not been asked to clear cookies which usually fixes the issue. Go to chrome://settings/siteData?search=Cookies+and+site+data, type virgin in the Search cookies field, and then Remove all shown. Hopeful the issue has been resolved.

aaaashy
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: Webmail access not working

Webmail access is repeatedly a mess, i have no problem whatsoever getting on the VirginMedia website, and no problem logging in to my account, but the moment i try and click on EMAIL in get the three dots followed inevitably by a message saying i cannot be connected and to try again later

i am using Safari on a mac running 10.13.6 and have ad blockers, but quite frankly being asked to switch them off does not make sense .... we are all going to be moving to a permanently ON state in the near future, in order to keep our sanity, and so your apps should work even if i have an ad blocker running

as i said, i have no problem getting to the VM website, nor logging in, so this should not be any sort of hurdle

it sometimes works, it often doesn’t 

so it would appear as tho some attention should be given to why this is repeatedly causing problems

as an aside, it is quite funny that the STATUS page is now, finally, containing links to software that can solve the relevant problem, but there is NO STATUS to whether the WEBSITE IS WORKING AS IT SHOULD ... maybe that is something that can be added ... hopefully sooner rather than later 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 32
Flag for a moderator

@aaaashy wrote:

i am using Safari on a mac running 10.13.6 and have ad blockers, but quite frankly being asked to switch them off does not make sense .... we are all going to be moving to a permanently ON state in the near future, in order to keep our sanity, and so your apps should work even if i have an ad blocker running

If as part of a troubleshooting process add-ons / extension have been disable you can re-enable them later.

0 Kudos
aaaashy
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 32
Flag for a moderator

so you think i should have to alter MY settings because you guys have not got a better coder????????

the important fact here is that an AD BLOCKER should not even be distracted by your website if it is not covered in ads, and why should it anyway, because I AM A CUSTOMER WHO DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY ADS, I HAVE BEEN WITH YOU FOR THE LAST 30 YEARS

so, as i said before i really do not think an ad blocker should affect my being able to access my own webmail

and quite frankly i do not believe that is the issue here anyway, because it is intermittent ... this seems like a lazy way to suggest  that i am responsible for the problem

which means that VM is not dealing with the issue ... which for a company that makes its money from the internet/software  is a big NONO imho

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Generally no extensions need to be disabled as clearing Virgin Media's cookies usually resolves the issue. Is there a specific reason why you think ad blockers are an issue, apart from it being mentioned in this thread here?

As to questions directed at Virgin Media be aware it may take them a few hour / days to work their way through to your post.