Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin.net

I have had a virgin.net email for the past 20 years. It suddenly stopped me from logging in last week can you please rectify this as I have all my contacts etc. I am no longer a customer as I now live in Australia. 
please help I have tried calling but was waiting for 1 hr 15 mins then had to hang up. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin.net

Hello

The problem you have is down to the fact that you do not have a current UK Virginmedia Broadband account I am afraid that to be able to use a VM email address you have too have a Broadband account, with the virgin.net email address these should have closed 1 year after VM stopped the dial up system when it was sold to TalkTalk.

I am afraid that all support can do is too make sure that the email address is deleted properly, they will not be able to give you access.

See https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Closure-of-former-customer-email-accounts/m-p/4092021

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That’s unbelievable, I never received any email prior to this shutting down. 
what a joke

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

The dial up service was sold to Talk Talk in 2015 and all customer were told by email that the email account would be close 1 year after the date of Talk Talk taking over the dial up service. It is also written in the terms and conditions of Virginmedia that without a broadband account then you have no entitlement to use the VM email system.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Out of curiosity…

What error message do you see?

Are you using an email client or webmail?

Is this the primary email address for the account or a secondary email address?

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos