Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin.net

• I have an old virgin.net email address which I have not had access to since Monday.  It's an unfortunate time to shut this down since I have had it 25 years and have now lost all my contacts.  Can I get it back even temporarily?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin.net

How are you attempting to access the email account; webmail, email client?

What error message is shown?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I just get the store screen which says that my mailbox is not available at the moment.  It hasn't been all week.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, I meant to say that it is webmail.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

FYI: Trouble accessing email

BTW If you do not have Virgin Media broadband or more than 90 days have passed since it was cancelled the forum team can only help to delete the account.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.  It was an account from the dial-up days.  I wish I had been given some warning that access would be stopped.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

the warning was in the T&C of the dial-up account. It should have been deleted long ago when you stopped dialing in

2000 T&C
Virgin Net may terminate this agreement and the Service or may suspend a part of the Service by immediate notice, if:
(a) you are in breach of any of the terms of this agreement; or
(b) you have failed to use the Service in any 60 day period. However, in the event that Virgin Net terminates this agreement in accordance with this sub-clause it will reserve your electronic mail address or equivalent for a period of six months from the date of termination to enable you to re-register in that period should you so request, although all e-mail and webspace content will be deleted.

https://web.archive.org/web/20000304161320/http://www.virgin.net/terms/vnet.html

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It is possible some of the recent issues raised on the forum maybe the cause and if / when these are resolved access might be possible again. Should you manage to regain access do migrate your emails over to another email service ASAP after making sure their privacy statement, and terms and conditions are acceptable.

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your help.  I have tried to import the virgin.net emails into gmail but server access is denied.  I'll just have to hope that it is a server issue and I get access again some time.

Thank you again, you have been most helpful.

0 Kudos