cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider.

fionauk2
Joining in

A week ago I phoned the VM helpline about the above. I can get into my primary email address, but not my secondary. I've tried both new and old passwords countless times to no avail. I was told that they'd look into it and it would be fixed after 5 days, which it isn't. I need to access my secondary email inbox for tickets, travel documents etc. Can someone from VM sort this out? Thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
_0-1689001440118.jpeg

The above highlighted error message can usual be resolved by:

1. opening an Incognito / Private browser window
  2. sign in here https://mail2.virginmedia.com with the authentication credentials of the problem account. If sign in is unsuccessful try the forgotten password link Forgotten your Password? | Reset Here | Virgin Media
  3. once successfully signed into webmail go to Login to My Virgin Media | Virgin Media and select Sign in
  4. select Account settings > Virgin Media Mail settings > Generate new App password
  5. make a note of new App password
  6. sign out or close window
  7. now back in webmail, select Edit located adjacent to problem account; in above example that would be richard.branson@ blueyonder.co.uk
  8. scroll down to Incoming server section and enter App password, noted in step 5, in Password field
  9. scroll down further to Outgoing server (SMTP) and set Authentication to As incoming e-mail server
  10. select Save

Hopefully details were saved without issue and error message is no longer being shown.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

fionauk2
Joining in

Thanks for the suggestion. That didn't work, unfortunately. 

Hello fionauk2

Thanks for trying the tips above, sorry it didnt work.

I would like to take a look from our side and see if we can get access for you again.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

fionauk2
Joining in

This is now the third time that I've posted in here trying to get a VM rep to respond. Yesterday, someone responded by private message, I replied, and then they never got back to me. 

For about ten days now, I've not been able to access my secondary email address. I've tried all the fixes suggested to no avail - I can't get the information I need without talking to someone from VM. Can someone please respond? Thank you. 

Wibbers1
Joining in

Hello - I have exactly the same issue as the OP with my secondary email address. I have also tried the suggestion above, to no avail. Could someone look into this please or at least tell me how to raise an issue with support? Many thanks.