cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld.com email has suddenly stopped working

Murgy73
Joining in

My ntlworld.com email address was working up until 13.46pm today (16th May 2023) then it asked me to verify my identity by logging in but keeps rejecting my password. 

My husband is the main account holder and I can see my email address is registered on his account, please can someone l advise how I can get a reset password link so I can access my account again. Thank you

9 REPLIES 9

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Each email address now has its own My VM account

Secondary accounts changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

If no security answers have been set for the email address concerned then you will need to call in for support and select technical issues> email

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for your help but unfortunately I do not have a My Virgin Media account for my secondary email and I can't see how to set one up. 

It looks like my email account may have been deleted. I've been on live chat with virgin but they were not successful in resetting my password. I'm now in a queue waiting for Technical Support,  hopefully they can help.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the email address concerned is properly connected to your husband's broadband account then it will already have the My Virgin Media account set up.  You just need to sign in with the email address concerned.  It looks from what you have been told that the address isn't linked.

The VM Forum Team staff should be able to check on the status of the IT ticket when they reach this thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you Graham, I think because we have had our email accounts for 18 + years they haven't been linked. I got through to someone only for them to reset my husbands Virgin Media account!

Hopefully someone from the VM Forum team can help.

Hey Murgy73,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email account,  I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to us Murgy73, what device are you using and which email client, are you using to view your emails?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven_L

I am using a Samsung android phone. I removed the previous email account as it kept saying invalid user name & password even though i can now access my emails through My Virgin Media as Virgin have set me up with my own access which then takes me through to my emails.

I have clicked on the Samsung email app and followed the instructions on the virgin media website, making sure the port numbers are correct, however i keep getting an error stating the POP3/IMAP access isn't turned on for this account.

I have also tried logging on to my laptop and trying to add my email account to Gmail as an additional account but i get the same error.

How do i get the IMAP access turned on for my account?

Thank you for your help.

Hi @Murgy73,

Thank you for expanding on this. Just to clarify, you're able to access and use the email account/services without issue on the webmail platform on our website, but you're having issues when trying to use it via a third party mail client like Outlook?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hello,

Issue is now sorted. I called Virgin Media today, they were unable to help as they said it wasn't a virgin media issue and put me through to Virgin Gadget Rescue who informed me the solution was to go into My Virgin Media, select Account Settings and generate a new App password, this then let me log into my 3rd party mail client on my phone. I'm happy it is sorted, the downside is i had to pay to get this information from Gadget rescue as it's not a free service. I do feel that the Virgin technical team should be aware of this resolution so they can advise their customers, especially as the way to resolve it is via the My Virgin Media account.