Menu
MrsD1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Emails to Typepad not sending

I write a Typepad blog which has a facility for responding to comments directly via email (Typepad send an email which includes the comment; I respond to that email and it sends to the person who posted the comment and also is published on my blog). 

I'm now receiving the following mail delivery failure messages for any email sent to a Typepad address (which means I cannot contact Typepad as my blog provider for any reason):

You sent the following message, but this message could not be delivered to all recipients. 

Retry timeout exceeded.

My email address is ntlworld and  I always use Virgin Media itself for managing mail.  

Any advice (simple language please, I'm not very bright!) would be most welcome.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emails to Typepad not sending

@MrsD1 wrote:

I write a Typepad blog which has a facility for responding to comments directly via email (Typepad send an email which includes the comment; I respond to that email and it sends to the person who posted the comment and also is published on my blog).

I'm now receiving the following mail delivery failure messages for any email sent to a Typepad address (which means I cannot contact Typepad as my blog provider for any reason):

You sent the following message, but this message could not be delivered to all recipients. 

Retry timeout exceeded.

When responding to comments what is the domain, part after the @ symbol, of the recipient's email address?

What is the sender's domain of the mail delivery failure messages?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MrsD1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response, much appreciated.

The recipients' address is @typepad.com.

The sender of the mail delivery failure email is postmaster@virginmedia.com.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi MrsD1,

Thank you for coming back to us, I am sorry for a delay in getting back to you, we are waiting for further information on this for you, once I get any information I will come back to you.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
MrsD1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This is still an issue for me.  Emails to  notify@typepad.com are failing to send, with the error message 'Retry timeout exceeded'.  

0 Kudos
ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There's information missing here such as the server that's reporting the issue.

Retry timeout exceeded means that the server has been trying to talk to mail.typepad.com, but for some reason cannot do so.

Retries happen in the following circumstances.

Failure oto connect to the receiving server
Receiving server fails partway through delivery.
Receiving server sends back a temporary error code (in the 4xx range)

It the above happens then the sending server will keep trying - up until a specified time after the first attempt.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos