Menu
gnh
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Email setting help

I have an iPhone 10. I've set up my blueyonder email account using the guidance on the VM website. It works fine at home when I'm using WiFi (VM provided). It also works fine on 3G or 4G. Problem is it won't send or receive emails on any other WiFi network?

Anybody have experience of this and can offer a solution?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email setting help

You said - “I have an iPhone 10”  ??

Apple stopped using cardinal number versions at iPhone 8. There wasn’t a number 9. Yours is probably an iPhone X – or maybe an XR or XS.

Which networks have you tried to use – next door’s BT, a free hot-spot – or what?

How have you attempted to connect to these other networks – with a password via list of available networks for example?

Do you get connected to the other network(s) or not?

Are you using the Apple Mail app?

What error messages do you get?

0 Kudos
gnh
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. It’s an iPhone X.

lots of different networks tried. A few work but often they don’t. I think it’s generally the free networks eg trains, airports that work. When a password is required it usually falls down.

I’m using the apple email app. Can’t see the error message as I’m connected fine now. I can check when I’m out tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Check your outgoing server settings 

If you can send when connected to the Virgin Network, but can't send when on other networks, it would suggest you haven't set outgoing authentication type to Password.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos