Menu
WoodieONE
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Desperately require access to old ntl world email. Please help

Please could someone assist & advise how I can access my old ntlworld.com emails please as I now live in New Zealand and I have to access some paperwork emailed to my ntlworld account which may have been deleted.   Please help Woman Sad

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Desperately require access to old ntl world email. Please help

Welcome to the community forum.  I fear that this may be a lost cause.

When were you last able to access the email account?

When the system is working correctly, email accounts are closed 90 days after you cease to be a VM broadband customer.

Your only hope is to try the forgotten password link on the sign in page.  You may need to enter your security answers in Upper Case type.

WoodieONE
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham 

Thanks for your response.  I have not had access to my ntlword emails for a while and although when  I sign in, the email recognises my username with a Green tick but then states "You've entered the wrong username or password.  Passwords are case-sensitive, so please check your CapsLock isn't on".  I entered it again and tried the "forgot password", however it then states "unable to find your username". 

Is there any way Virgin can unlock a suspended account or revive this please? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@WoodieONE wrote:

Hi Graham 

Thanks for your response.  I have not had access to my ntlword emails for a while and although when  I sign in, the email recognises my username with a Green tick but then states "You've entered the wrong username or password.  Passwords are case-sensitive, so please check your CapsLock isn't on".  I entered it again and tried the "forgot password", however it then states "unable to find your username". 

Is there any way Virgin can unlock a suspended account or revive this please? 

As you have stated that you are now living in New Zealand one assumes that you are no longer have a Virgin Media (uk) broadband account.  If that is the case and the forgotten password route is not finding your user name it is probably fair to say that the account has now been deleted and gone for good.

The green tick can be confusing as it only indicates that the email address entered is in a valid format, not that it exists on the VM back end servers.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi WoodieONE 

Thanks for messaging us today. We are sorry to here that you are unable to use the emails and the email address would cease within 90 days of disconnection.

Can you confirm when the account was disconnected?
When was the last time you were able to log in? 

Kind Regards

Chris_W1

0 Kudos
WoodieONE
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris 

Thanks for your message. My yahoo account indicates:

"The following email address (x.xxxxxxx@ntlworld.com) was deleted from your Yahoo! account. This change request was made on 14 May 2013 at 09:15AM UTC".

I think the last time I would have logged on would be earlier in 2013.  Can you please assist in re-activation? 

Kind Regards Justine 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

All they can normally do is make sure the email is deleted.

If you're not a current broadband customer and it's been over 90 days since you left Virgin Media, then you have no rights to continue using email.  All email addresses linked to your account SHOULD have closed after 90 days.  While some do live on for a while longer, Virgin do try and purge these Orphan accounts.

The only possibility of regaining access is to use the Forgotten password link.  If this does not work then I'm afraid you're out of luck.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Does the email address in question appear as live when checking on mailtester.com?

If not then it has been correctly deleted from VM email databases and cannot be retrieved.