cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot sign in

alovella
Dialled in

well over 48hrs & still cannot sign in to my wifes email account. what is happening. driving wife nuts and don't blame her. it's like her account has been completely erased. This is stupid VM what have you done. Tried ringing but like talking to a brick wall. Should have been fixed long ago it will not accept her password at all & yet, nothings been changed

15 REPLIES 15

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @alovella .

Thank you for the update on this, as you may be aware we are still dealing with an outage in relation to emails and their access on multiple email apps that we are continuously working on in the background, this may be linked, but cannot confirm. In the meantime, the settings may of changed for the email server so you may want to try adding your account manually. 

The settings can be found in the link below.

👉 Manual email.

Please keep us updated on this. 

Sabrina

Already done all this. but still same issue. will give it another go though.

Done it, as i've done it many other times. it says failed credentials

The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them.  This is all I get.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for trying this and for sharing more, can you please advise if the same thing happens when you access the mailbox over a browser rather than the app/client software?

Can we ask if you're able to log on successfully following this link and try signing in there?

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

yes, I used the link & can sign in therer. i'm using and have used outlook mail for a long time  & i'm able to access my own email no problem, although I did have a few issues a few days ago where I was receiving my wifes emails but my own emails were not coming through for some time. since then my email has worked no problem. just cannot access my wifes emails anymore

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ok, thank you for sharing more.

Can you tell us if accessing that mailbox (your wife's) over this link posted just above, using her email and password works? 

If not, what error do you get and are you able to reset the password for this email account?

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

no, I can't even access wifes email through their either. says account setting out of date

I've since deleted my wifes email from VM's main emailing account site Then re-instated it. it keeps saying about her password which has never changed but wiull not accept it.5