Menu
Adam1765
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Firestick not connected hub 3

Hi my firestick suddenly started saying connected with problems and won’t let me use any apps bbc iPlayer ect,  it works on my phone hotspot, has any one got any other ideas, turned virgin off overnight and factory reset  firestick, turned off websafe and virus safe, still won’t connect too virgin but can run firestick of my phone hotspot

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Firestick not connected hub 3

I suggest that you separate your wireless frequencies:

Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1
Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.
Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security
Under Wireless Frequency 2.4GHz change the Wifi Network Name (SSID) and the Wifi password (network key).
Repeat for the Wireless Frequency 5GHz (the password can be the same) and click on Apply changes.

Now connect your Fire TV stick to the 5GHz band (stronger than the 2.4GHz band if in the same room).

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Adam1765
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for the post Roger Goooner, I’ve not tried it yet as not at home, however as an experiment I tried my firestick at my partners as she also has a hub 3 on Virgin, the firestick is working flawlessly on her hub which is still set on factory default settings, the plot thickens 🤔

0 Kudos
JJG1992
Dialled in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I had the same issue and it turned out that when my hub 3 updated to the latest firmware it had enabled channel optimisation and put my 5Ghz channel on a DFS channel and would not connect to 5Ghz or the 2.4Ghz The best wifi channels for fire tv is 36 to 52 on the 5Ghz and any on the 2.4Ghz band. Download a wifi analiser app to make sure your not overlapping your wifi channels with your Neighbours and also it is best to separate your 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz 

My Broadband Ping - 500Mbps
0 Kudos
Adam1765
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice, I’ve gone into the settings and renamed as advised, I’ve tried to connect, on 2.4 it used Chanel 1, signal strength very good, it’s showing as connected to WiFi but not connected to internet 

same on the 5ghz Chanel 44, connected to WiFi signal strength very good, but still says not connected to internet

😫 it’s clearly connecting to the WiFi, firestick as I said couple dats ago working on other virgin hub 3 at my partners and PS4, phone , pc are all connected and working fine

help please

adam 

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

You could reset the stick but you would lose all installed apps.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

When I had issues earlier in the week I couldn't open any apps on the home screen, however I was able to use Amazon Prime without any problems. 

I could open and use some of the apps via Settings, Applications, Manage Installed Applications.

This was using both 2.5 and 5G.

I reset my FS and all has been fine since then, however as Roger said I had to reinstall all my apps. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Adam1765
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately I’ve already tried a factory reset and still no joy, but miffed to be fair, signed up to virgin as got a good monthly deal and it looks it cost me the price of a new firestick because for some reason it won’t let me use it anymore 

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adam1765,

Thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having problems connecting your Firestick to the WiFi.

Your last message says that you've done a factory reset - can you confirm whether you mean you've done that on your Firestick, as I know you already mentioned that it was done on your hub? 

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
Adam1765
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi mellisa I have reset the firestick 

thanks

adam 

0 Kudos