Menu
SL58RP
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cable My Street!

Hi,

I have read a few posts and wondered if you would be able to check my postcode? We are right on the border of Bracknell Forest Council and Windsor & Maidenhead.

Bracknell is available - https://labs.thinkbroadband.com/local/bracknell-forest,E06000036 

W & M is avaibable - https://labs.thinkbroadband.com/local/windsor-and-maidenhead,E06000040 

Lots of the surrounding RG42 and GU postcodes have Virgin and we are stuck in the middle - https://www.gbmaps.com/4-digit-postcode-maps/sl-slough-postcode-map.html

Would like to offer thanks in advance of any info you have.

As it stands, we are stuck with crappy BT at 15MB/3MB if we are lucky.

Daran Thomas

0 Kudos
SL58RP
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable My Street!

Anyone?

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@SL58RP wrote:

Anyone?

Unlikely, you're probably classed as infill which means you're on the bottom of the list, they can probably send out a spotter if you ring up and ask them but they will likely just say it can't currently be serviced and leave it at that

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Daran, 

Thanks for your post and it's great to hear that you are looking at having Virgin Media installed.
As much as we would love to be able to install everybody, sometimes it's just not possible. There are some areas where some streets have been cabled and others haven't so your issue isn't as uncommon as you'd think. 
We already have a full 2019 roll out planned as well as some of 2020 for new areas and New Builds too but we won't be doing any more in-filling now. 
I can double check to see if your area is in the plans for this year although I'll need some information from you. I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi SL58RP,

Thanks for coming back to me with your information via Private Message. 
I have sent an email over to the Build teams now to check. 
If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi SL58RP, 
Thanks for your patience on this one. 

The team have come back to us to say: I have looked into this address and there are no current plans to build in this area.

Apologies but this won't change until at least 2020 now. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos