cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot identify my wall plug

Delders87
Joining in
  • I'm returning back to virgin after a decade. Picked up my self install but I cannot work out what my 'live' wall plug is. I need an engineer ideally but I can't seek to get to an option to book one in. I asked this on ordering with the salesman at my door and he was insistent that in order to avoid the fee I was to do it that way I'd have just been happy to pay.

Anything obvious I can do? 

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Post up some photos of what wall boxes you do have and folks on here will advise what needs doing.

Or...

Call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 and book a Tech install

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thank you its saying my pictures ive already taken are too big currently ill take another when im downstairs. The issue is i havent used TV or any sort of aerial in years. I tried to figure it out working out where wires were entering the house. I have 2 aerial type wires and 3 sockets plus a handful of dodgy phone connectors that are hanging of walls etc.(which are the ones that work! Ironically) 

I've now found a virgin media wall plug in my bedroom I've plugged it all in but still got a solid green wifi light no arrows at all and a flashing green power button..

The TV us flashing orange arrows and has a solid white light 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Call for the Tech install

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Coming tomorrow had to upgrade to some package but want to get up and running x thanks for you help