cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin mobile to o2 change over

paperclip
Well-informed

At the moment virgin mobile users login to their mobile account through virgin mobile, however I'm wondering if we will continue with the same login details after the change over automatically to o2? 

19 REPLIES 19

jhuk
Trouble shooter

God knows, it cannot be any worse as the site takes ages to log in with the spinning circle once you pass the Captcha and the password is far too weak.

I really did not want to be an O2 customer (slow oversaturated/no amazing anti-spam algorithm like EE) and from May my billing will be from them, so the email says but my switchover seems to have been postponed as it was to be this month and the refresh date has passed.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi paperclip, 

Thanks for posting 🙂 

I have checked from our side and can confirm that there should be no changes to the login initially but this may change in the future. 

Although we do not have the details available at this time, we will be sure to notify all of our customers of any changes prior to them taking place. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Thanks Natalie. 

Thanks for the reply @paperclip on the forums. 👋🏼

Always feel free to reach out to us on the forums and our team will assist as much as they can for any query you may have!

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Am I right in thinking that with regards to the original limit to 1000 minutes that the unlimited minutes wording for the new O2 sim plan refers to calls to virgin mobiles numbers plus landline numbers? 

Your Virgin Mobile sim plan (until 18th May 2023)

1GB data

1000 minutes

Unlimited texts

£8.15 a month

Your new O2 sim plan (from 18th May 2023)

5GB data

Unlimited minutes

Unlimited texts

£8.15 a month, on a 30-day rolling contract with a fixed price until  April 2024

You can find all you need to know here https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/pay-monthly-tariff-terms

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

So after 18th May I should see the wording unlimited minutes when I view the my virgin media app? 

If it is a part of your new package, you should be able to see it in your O2 mobile account as seen here

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

jhuk
Trouble shooter

Screenshot 2023-05-13 143055.png

You receive a TXT with your accounts URL and a new password.

You log in with your VM Email and that password, then verify your Email address and they advise you to change the password to one of your own choice.,