cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Upload speed

gazthomas
On our wavelength

For the last couple of days my upload speed on both WiFi and ethernet have been down from the 50-55mps I ususlly get and should get to between 7-10mps.. I vw rebooted everything a number of times but no change 

18 REPLIES 18

Hi @gazthomas thanks for your reply here and further info.

So we've ran some further diagnostics and there does seem to be a short term issue on the line identified - this will ideally be resolved by automated processes and you'll be given an update in due course.

Any further issues after this please let us know!
Many thanks

Tom_W

gazthomas
On our wavelength

not good at all - down to 8-10mps again now! supposed to be 50mps - whys nothing happening? its been like this now for days and days..is there actually an open ticket on this? not impressed!

gazthomas
On our wavelength

Why is no one actually dealing with this issue? Every single night the upload speed drops to 8mps as I have explained.. This is not intermittent for a so called signal issue this is clearly a capacity issue.. People come home from school and work and the system is overloaded! This is unacceptable, totally caused by poor capacity management! And virgins response?? Ignore those that complain! 

Hi @gazthomas, thank you for your response. We understand your frustration 😔

I've taken a look on our side and I can see you're currently being impacted by an outage, which is estimated to be fixed by 9am tomorrow.

Please let us know how things are looking at that point.

Regards,
Daniel

gazthomas
On our wavelength

hmm ok - funny how this "outage" only applies during the busy times of the day...ok lets see as we enter the third week of poor service

VsUK
On our wavelength

Having the same issue in the S62 Area Rotherham. Been unable to do anything that requires upload speeds because my speeds have been pathetic for the last 3 days now. Funnily enough, at 11pm for the last 3 nights, the speeds went back to normal so I had half an hour or so of what I'm paying for. I hoped when I woke up for the 4th time that it was finally fixed, popped on PC found everything sluggish in loading & did a speed test, 26mb download 0.02 upload on M500 package. 

I want to know what the hell is going on personally. Why has it been like this all day for the last 3 days & by the looks of it, a 4th day. But at 11pm each night it all starts working again? 
vm-joke.png

Thanks for getting back to us Gazthomas 👋

Sincerest apologies for any inconvenience or frustration caused as a result of these local issues. The team are aware there is a problem and are both monitoring it and trying to get things resolved. 

The current estimated fix time/date is 03 JAN 2024 16:00. Just to give you a little more information, the outage that has been identified is an SNR outage. 

SNR (signal to noise ratio) is just a technical term for interference of the Broadband signal caused by noise which ingresses on to our network. It's a difficult problem to locate and diagnose because noise can ingress anywhere on the network. As a general rule it's normally caused by customer equipment e.g. loose connections or 3rd party equipment attached to our network. However it can also be attributable to local architecture, e.g street cabinets, cabling or at the origin of the signal which we call the Headend (servers/routing system). 
The only way to establish where the noise is originating is for the Network Techs to run a series of trace routes. Once found then the cause dictates the amount of work required and the time frame for resolution. 

Thank you for your patience whilst we investigate and get this sorted! You can check for updates here 👉 https://virg.in/service or by calling 📞 0800 561 0061 or just pop another reply on this thread and we can provide another update if needed. 

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

gazthomas
On our wavelength

Doesn't help 1 bit! Paying for a service that I haven't received now for a month! It's totally unreliable! Again im struggling to get any upload speed at all tonight.. 

Screenshot_20231221_183233.jpg

Hi gazthomas

We do completely understand and we are really sorry for the inconvenience this causes over the holidays. We will be working hard to resolve this as quickly as we can.

Beth