Menu
nikkif80
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

WiFi booster help

9E9BB190-0B56-4271-920A-A6084FC0D133.png

This is what I’m getting when I go upstairs next to my WiFi booster yet it all set up ok? Any advice please internet is fine off the router when this is off but as soon as I switch booster on we lose signal 

0 Kudos
horseman
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi booster help

@nikkif80 wrote: .....This is what I’m getting when I go upstairs next to my WiFi booster yet it all set up ok? Any advice please internet is fine off the router when this is off but as soon as I switch booster on we lose signal 

With the limited  diagnostics/environmental detail you've supplied then we can only loosely speculate that you've configured  a. VM (Comtrend) HomeGrid G.Hn Booster by cloning it's SSID. such that both 2.4 and 5GHz bands. have same default SSID name as base Hub?

So to minimise further time wasting guesswork you. need to consider:

1. Confirming/posting EXACT model of BOOSTER you're using?  eg PG9072LG-VM/PG9073LG-VM or. other?
  2. Reconfigure BOOSTER configure to rename each wifi BAND to a. unique (and separate from base Hub) eg https://virginmedia-vmp    VMBoost24G  VMBoost5G
  3. Confirm/post SuperHub model and firmware checking tally label on underside and logging in. to Admin GUI - eg https:192.168.0.1  > Login > Admin > Info > Software.  Version.    eg Hub3 VMDG505 TG2492LG   9.0.1.116.608
  4. Separate/rename Hub 3  Wifi BANDS into unique. SSID names (ViaAdvanced Settings > Wireless > Wireless Signal >...  ) - eg VMHub24G VMHub5G 

Resite slave WiFi Booster (eg. large Comtrend unit) back on same ring nearby socket  as the the cabled master BOOSTER connected to Hub and confirm that relevant (dual band)end device can connect. to both Hub unique SSID's and both BOOSTER. unique SSID's before retesting across upstairs ring sockets using SAME end device initially?

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED
0 Kudos