cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misleading Offer from Virgin Media

stevegilmour
On our wavelength

Hi Guys,

I hope you're all doing well. I urgently seek your advice and assistance regarding a concerning experience with Virgin Media today, I received an enticing email offering me a deal to extend my subscription for another 18 months at the same price. However, upon clicking the provided link, I discovered that the new price was £13 more expensive than initially promised.

To add to the frustration, just this minute, I received two emails containing new contracts for another 18 months with the inflated price. It's important to note that I did not proceed with the transaction; instead, I promptly contacted Virgin Media via chat to address the discrepancy. 

Despite engaging with the chat service, I was informed that the issue couldn't be resolved in that department and was advised to call customer service. This seems counterintuitive as I'm already in a chat with Virgin Media personnel, and it places an unnecessary burden on the customer to handle the situation repeatedly.

I attempted to call customer service, but midway through the process, I found myself giving up due to rising frustration. It's disheartening to experience such inefficiencies, especially from a technology company like Virgin Media.

I am seeking urgent guidance on how to address this matter, as I am not willing to accept the extra £13 per month on principle. Any assistance or advice from fellow community members would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Simonwa
On our wavelength

I have exactly the same issue as have many people on this forum. It is totally misleading. I disputed the fact that the email said 'same great package' yet when I looked at the new deal, the package was totally different, and also cost more per month. In addition, I then had a 3rd email inviting me to pay same price as now for 'same great package' but again it was not. Unfortunately, nobody on the forums here or at the call centre could help as they said it was an email only offer that they did not have access to. I was advised to wait until 30 days before my contract end date and contact the call centre for the best deals. It is really ridiculous but they are still sending out the emails!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Simonwa
On our wavelength

I have exactly the same issue as have many people on this forum. It is totally misleading. I disputed the fact that the email said 'same great package' yet when I looked at the new deal, the package was totally different, and also cost more per month. In addition, I then had a 3rd email inviting me to pay same price as now for 'same great package' but again it was not. Unfortunately, nobody on the forums here or at the call centre could help as they said it was an email only offer that they did not have access to. I was advised to wait until 30 days before my contract end date and contact the call centre for the best deals. It is really ridiculous but they are still sending out the emails!

stevegilmour
On our wavelength

Screenshot_20240203_135015_com.google.android.gm.jpg

can someone explain where it says "oh by the way it's not really the same price when you click the link". This is a job for trading standards me thinks! 

H Simonwa,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, we are sorry to hear you received an offer Via Email which wasn't added and is not available, we appreciate this is not the best experience and apologise for any inconvenience caused, if you are currently in contract please speak to our Customer Relations team 30m days before your contract is due to end, you can contact them on either 150 from a Virgin Landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, options 1,3 then 4.

Regards

Paul.

Screenshot_20240203_151416_com.google.android.gm.jpg

 Hi Paul, the email offer an expiration date of 7th February as on the screen shot. 

Hi @stevegilmour 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with re-contracting at this time. 
I can see from your screenshots that the email offer advise of the price rise that would increase annually or are you disputing the monthly amount that it is showing or the price rise increase?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

The monthly figure is £13 more than what I'm currently paying which should be the rate offered. 

Hi stevegilmour

We are sorry for any conflicting information regarding the package price. 

The emails received will be contract summary sheets, if these haven't been accepted, the deal wont be applied to the account. 

We would recommend calling the team please and they can check the offer and do a package review. 

Please call on 150 from a Virgin Media Landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

g0akc
Problem sorter

At least you were able to see a price quoted to recontract - the link in the email doesn't work for me and it cannot find the page/gives an error.  I see this as quite typical of the poor customer experience with VM...

Aside from that I note that TNT Sports in no longer included at renewal (it's appraently an extra £18 a month) so it looks like we will be leaving in April.

I will speak to 'retentions' to see what they are prepared to offer - that's the best thing to do - last time after we ended the contract they called a few days later with a better deal on the table.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Let us know how you get on.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs