cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stay or go to sky?

Kush123
Tuning in

I'm near end of contract so looking at what to do next. I have volt 125mb broadband and basic TV. Currently it £35, but to stay its £40 - £43 (after April hike). Sky have a 61mb broadband and basic TV for £37. Is there any real reason not to move?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

FlockWallpaper
Dialled in

No really, no!

Only when you actually put your cancellation in, will you (probably, but not guaranteed) get a call back from VM retentions offering you a better deal! Accept it or not, up to you

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

FlockWallpaper
Dialled in

No really, no!

Only when you actually put your cancellation in, will you (probably, but not guaranteed) get a call back from VM retentions offering you a better deal! Accept it or not, up to you

Kush123
Tuning in

Bang on, this happened 🙂

Your decision . With Sky you will get a far superior Customer Support - other than that check the costs/packages and make an informed choice. If VM are cheaper go back to Sky and see if they can improve their offer. 

Dark Knight

big-luap
Up to speed

Retensions may offer you a deal but on a more basic package. 

Sky works in conjunction with Freeview, so if you cannot recieve it you wont get these channels with sky.

We live in an area with a Comunial arial that the maintence wont pay to have it converted to Digiatal needs to be higher with Mast head amplifiers and each property would need a booster. So they made each resident responsible, either get cable or a Sat dish. 

stuey9964
Tuning in

I used to be with Sky for my broadband and TV but now I am only with them for TV.  Their prices all sound OK at first but I think that they charge quite a lot for little add ons. For example I think that their new price to have HD is £10 a month and their prices have also just gone up.  At the moment I have Sky Q with UHD, no movies or sport and the price has gone up to £51.50 a month.  I used to also get my broadband from them but the max speed I could get was only 20MB/s as there is no fibre where I am and Virgin have just installed their cable.  I am on the M250 package at the moment and am paying £29.50 a month with an 18 month contract which I also have with Sky.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@big-luap wrote:

Sky works in conjunction with Freeview, so if you cannot recieve it you wont get these channels with sky.

Sky has nothing to do with Freeview, which is a terrestrial service. Sky does carry free channels, but it is up to individual broadcasters as to which TV platforms they join. Most of the broadcasters on Freeview are also on Freesat &/or Sky (some in HD, which are only SD on Freeview), so you don’t need a Freeview aerial to get the vast majority of them.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You could also look at the new TV package offered by BT under their EE brand. They have a similar choice of channels to Sky

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@dhairbus wrote:

With Sky you will get a far superior Customer Support

I wouldn't be so sure. Take a browse of the Sky Community Forum, there's a similar volume of CS horror stories on there.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks