cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 mini problems

Susanbtoad
Joining in

Hi - I’m having problems connecting mini 360 to new tv via WiFi   Worked fine on old tv. Now no welcome or instruction page appears. Screen goes blank when switched to hdm source. I have tried in different ports. The tv is connected via WiFi. Is this the cause of the problem? Thankyou for any suggestions 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

If you still have the old TV you could try connecting that back up to see if you still have the same problem, it might help towards proving where the problem is if you haven't disconnected any cables from the mini box.

If you do still have the old TV and swapping back works check that the mini box video out is set to automatic.

The flashing red arrows should indicate a internet connection problem.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Susanbtoad
Joining in

Bought new tv. Now mini box won’t connect. Was fine on the old tv. V6 is also fine

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Susanbtoad 

Please confirm which TV set top box(es) you have so we can move your post to the right forum and provide the correct advice.

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

The V6 which runs on the tivo interface doesn't have a mini box. 

The 360 box looks the same as the older V6 but runs on the horizon interface and has a voice control button on the remote. The 360 also has a mini box which is half the height of the main box as the mini box doesn't contain a hard drive.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Susanbtoad wrote:

Hi - I’m having problems connecting mini 360 to new tv via WiFi   Worked fine on old tv. Now no welcome or instruction page appears. Screen goes blank when switched to hdm source. I have tried in different ports. The tv is connected via WiFi. Is this the cause of the problem? Thankyou for any suggestions 

Do you mean the TV Box is connected via WiFi, or the TV itself? The WiFi on the TV is just to use it’s own apps, not for the VM V360 connection which must be via HDMI lead.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi - I have the 360 with the voice control remote. Everything was fine until I installed a new tv. There are two red arrows on the front of the mini box when it’s powered up. The mini box remote is operating the tv on/off and volume! 

Via an HDMI as it was before. My old tv wasn’t a smart one. That’s the only difference I can think of

So the tv is connected separately through its settings. But can’t connect the mini. When I select the source there is no welcome screen or option to connect. Just a grey screen 

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Is the main 360 running at the same time as the mini.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

tvadikt
Dialled in

Have you tried a different HDMI lead. If the one your using is old, it may not be suitable for your new TV / mini box

No that’s downstairs mini upstairs. Main box is fine tho