cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with 2 set-top boxes

bobong
Tuning in

I called 2 days ago to request a technician's visit due to problems which can't be solved by rebooting etc. I haven't heard anything back. The problems are 1) unable to playback recorded programs due to constant "stuttering" the same happens when I pause a live show and then restart it. and 2) a second set-top box not working at all. I also have a problem when trying to type emails (but not documents etc). Some letters don't work, others repeat many times, e.g. Es and Os. I can stop this by typing very slowly, but it only happens with email.

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bobong wrote:

unable to playback recorded programs due to constant "stuttering" the same happens when I pause a live show and then restart it

This is a classic symptom of a hard drive fault. This shouldn't need a callback - the agent should arrange it on your inbound call.

@bobong wrote:

a second set-top box not working at all

Can you explain "not working at all"? Do you not get live TV channels - in which case, any error codes? Problems with OnDemand or streaming?

You can probably get some help on here, if you don't mind waiting a few days for the staff team to respond. If its more urgent, just call back.

Given that the TV section of this forum is frequented by users with particular TV knowledge, I'd suggest a separate post about your email issues.

Either in https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/bd-p/email (if it's an issue with VM's email service) or https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Tech-Chatter/bd-p/Computers if it's just an issue with one of your devices.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @bobong,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue, with this we would like to look into this for you, so that I can do so I will need to confirm some information from you via a private message.

Joe