cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access any channels through TV Go

countyexile
Up to speed

A number of posters have commented on issues with Virgin TV Go and problems watching live TV, including premium sports channels. I have the same issue but haven't seen a resolution in the previous posts I have read. I use TV Go when away on holiday, usually to watch Sky Sports or TNT Sports (both of which are in my package). In previous years there have been no problems watching via TV Go but this year I just can't get it to work on any channels at all, including the basic BBC and ITV ones. I have tried using my Windows 11 laptop on Chrome, Edge and Firefox browsers but all with the same end result. Also tried with my Android mobile and tablet but still can't get it to work. I have cleared the cache and cookies but again no difference.

On the laptop if I open TV Go I get a red screen with the "sign in with your VM username & password" pop up box. If I enter those details it just jumps back to the previous page asking for the details again and on a never ending loop between the 2 screens. If I try clicking "skip sign in" the TV Go channel guide comes up showing all the channels I subscribe to but if I then click on any individual channel the "sign in" box comes up and the never ending loop starts again!

If I instead try going through the sky sports app when I get to the sign in page and click on the VM sign in box an error page "an unknown error has occurred" comes up.

If I try with the android devices the error messages are slightly different. When trying to sign in to TV Go the error message "Sign in failed - Please sign in with your main user account. Sub accounts can't sign in to this device". I have definitely tried to sign in using my main user account (the one that successfully signs in to "My Virgin Media" and I have even tried resetting the password but it makes no difference as the same error message still comes up.

7 REPLIES 7

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi countyexile,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to see you're having some issues using TVGO.

Can you confirm, when you're on holiday is this in the UK?

Can you also confirm if you use a VPN on the device? If so, can you try without?

Alex_Rm

countyexile
Up to speed

Hi,  In the UK - I am currently on holiday in Hampshire. No there is no VPN in use on any of my devices.

Hi @countyexile,

Thank you for expanding. Can you try clearing the cache and cookies on an impacted device and letting us know if this helps?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

countyexile
Up to speed

As per my original post I have already done that on all devices and makes no difference.

Hi @countyexile,

My apologies, I must've missed that. Thank you for also trying that, it's a shame that it hasn't helped matters.

So that we can take a closer look at what's going on for you, I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

countyexile
Up to speed

2 private messages with 2 separate requests for  security information (which I provided straight away 2 days ago) and the then - nothing. So still no further forward and the same endless loop going back to the login screen each time I try to connect plus the same repeated error messages on the tv go and sky sports apps. Been away a week and so far missed the champions league matches on TNT sports and now the weekend F1 coverage on Sky!!  Frustrating is an understatement!!  and it's pretty clear from numerous messages on here since 2022 that this issue has been ongoing for quite a number of customers so not an isolated incident for me!  

My contract is up in 3 weeks and maybe given the unusable TV Go feature, the intended £90 per month price hike at the end of the contract (unless I go through the 18 monthly pantomime of trying to get to actually speak to someone and re-negotiate a new deal), annual in-contract price hikes,  plus the apparent removal of  TNT Sports from packages, after 22 years it is time to seek an alternative TV, landline and broadband elsewhere.

Hi @countyexile,

Apologies for the wait, but we're not an immediate response contact channel. We will respond to customers as soon as we can, but if this is something that you'd rather not wait to receive support for then I'd recommend calling and speaking with the team instead on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline).

You'll receive a response to your latest private message in a few moments.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team