cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV Go not playing recordings

Giova47
On our wavelength

I am getting upset and fed up that all of a sudden some of my recordings will not play on either my iPad or iPhone! They are all on the same network and it had been working fine but for a few hiccups. This though has greatly impacted me. I’m a disabled man with very limited mobility who relies on this app to view tv

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Morning @Giova47 

We've heard back from the team and this isn't something we're able to replicate.

Do the recordings playback fine on the TV box?

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

44 REPLIES 44

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Giova47, thank you for your post.

We're really sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing and the impact it's had on you.

What's happening exactly when you try to play your recordings on the two devices mentioned? Are you getting any error messages or codes showing on the screen?

Also, is this same thing happening when you access TV Go both through the app and a browser?

General advice on how to use the TV Go app and website can be found here

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

Giova47
On our wavelength

Hi Daniel.

Thanks for the reply. As I said when I attempt to play some recordings it won’t play and just goes to a black screen that says “we can’t play this at the moment -1008”, see attached screenshot This occurs on both my iPad Air and iPhone. For a while there had been no problems and for no reason it just re-occurred and continues to do so to this day. I know how to use the box which is version 5.05.

On 13/06/2023  Ernie_C on this forum suggested that I am “suffering from a very frustrating problem called the “CPE IP Unknown bug”. This has now been ongoing for a very long time and seems no nearer to a solution over this period”

I’ve tried to live with it but it’s getting worse. Some recordings it plays but the majority it doesn’t irrespective of what change it’s recorded from

The problem has been ongoing for me for at least all of last year not just for me but others as well.

IMG_3819.jpeg 

IMG_0392.jpeg

I can confirm that in settings Standby timer is set at 24 hours and Standby power consumption is set to Fast Start. I’ve run diagnostics via the Virgin box and it’s reporting no problems, see attached screenshot.

IMG_3820.jpeg

Hi @Giova47 👋.

Thanks for the update on the situation with your TV recordings. We would like to bring you in for a private message so that we can look into this further for you. Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Giova47
On our wavelength

I was unable to access any private message function 

Thank you @Giova47 

I can see that you have been able to pop back now, please do continue to chat with our agent and they will do all they can to help. 

Giova47
On our wavelength

Sorry for the very late reply. Just to add further info. My virgin box has been replaced because of a problem with the power light always being red on or off. Even now with this new box some recordings are not being played through the Go app. Anything recorded from Channel 4 will not play through the Virgin Go app. Please tell me how to fix it. All other recordings play without a problem

Hi Giova47,

Thanks for getting back to us, can you confirm if you're able to watch this recordings via the box TV, is it just the app that has the issue?

Alex_Rm

Giova47
On our wavelength

Hello

I can confirm that I am able to watch the recording via the box tv

Thanks for the reply @Giova47 on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

Are you able to uninstall the app and re-install it?
Please ensure your devices are all up to date on the operating system.

Are you able to send a screenshot of the error that shows up?
Try to avoid posting any personal information.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs