cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booster pod

hale302
Joining in

I have spent weeks trying to get a pod sent out, soooo many phonecalls, complaints and let downs.

I finally got ONE sent out today, I've got a black pod, from what I've read it's the same as the white one but it has a power lead instead of being a plug-in pod.

Why have I been sent a wired pod?? I would prefer a wireless plug-in pod, and 3 of them as I am entitled to them on the 1Gig package.

I have black spots in my home, all recorded on the connect app. 

No way are we getting over 1000mbps in our home, and that's what I'm paying for.

Since being with Virgin I don't think I've ever been so stressed!

21 REPLIES 21

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for reaching out to us @hale302, and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the difficulty you've experienced when trying to gain a wireless pod.

We would advise that customers on a download speed of 1GB are able to obtain up to 3 Wi-Fi pods (if required) in total, if there are areas of the property that provide a download speed of 30mb or less

These can be sent out to you, but can only be done once at a time.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner, and Ill seek to have the wired pod swapped out for a wireless pod, for you to then place in your property, to see if this offers you the 30mb download speed in all black spots you're currently identifying.

Thanks,

David_Bn

Client62
Legend

A black wired VM Pod is new - could you share a photo of that ?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Also note VM only guarantee 30Mb over wireless.  The 1Gb tier on a standard 1Gb NIC will only ever see around 950Mb over cable.  The "wired" black Pods should allow for a better  positioning of the Pod, as there is a bit a leeway rather that stuck in a socket.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Stephen93
Up to speed

This is the black pod I received from VM I’m on 1 gig have a Hub 5x, the WiFi from the hub didn’t stretch to the end bedroom our bungalow, got it free of charge, wasn’t expected this type of pod, anyway it works a treatIMG_2093.jpegIMG_2092.jpeg

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Wifi 6 I see as well, so that's a plus.  

Just one thing, I would replace that ethernet cable, it's not looking too good.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@Stephen93,

Any advice or tricks to get the new black pods to sync with the Hub5?  Did you use the Connect App, or did it all "just work"?  Thanks if you can help.

MacmillaN
On our wavelength

I wonder if these black pods are for users with the hub 5,

cause i keep reading users having issues trying to connect the white pods to that router.

I am trying to get my own pods from virgin, due to the connect app keeps having issues when i am trying to order them, i don't understand why if you actually need three for your property then can VM only order them one at a time, seems rather odd to me!

The new black pods certainly match the design of the Hub5.

A large number of people report problems when they already have white pods working with a Hub4 (or 3), and then upgrade to Hub5.  This will always need a call to VM to re-pair them.

Yes I couldn't use Connect App to order the pods either.  A call will be needed (or several calls).

Its annoying but I can understand why VM won't just send out 3 pods at first - most people won't need 3, and are just being greedy - and these things cost VM money.  So VM need to be sure you've tried just 1 pod, before they can be sure you need 2 pods.  Then 3...

Hi Mobailey, all I did was plug it in, the Connect app recognised it & that was it, I have a hub 5x,

I’ve never got I gig download speed over WiFi, the highest is 902mps on my iPad Pro & that is in the same room as the hub, yet a friend Has Vodafone broadband the 200 mps package,  I check the speed, download is 201 mps so why can’t the hub 5x get 1gig download, I suppose the Vodafone router is better