cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi booster..

Hayleycropper
Joining in

Having real issues with my boosters. So I live in a small two up two down. If I leaned over the banister I could see our router the house is that small.  Router speed is 250mb. We have a booster in the kitchen and upstairs hallway (we did live in a big house) I’m currently in the spare bedroom with a booster literally outside my door and I’m pulling 11mbps with 1 bar on wifi. Router was rebooted yesterday (by accident) and the pods have been rebooted just now. No improvement. They’re the newish model I believe. White weird shaped one. I read on another post that resetting the device using the reset pin hole might help? Any ideas? Again. Virgin are useless and I work for IT. I’m not stupid when it comes to network but they talk to me like I am. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Hayleycropper 

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

There are a few requirements for the Pods to work with our Hubs:

•    The Hub must be in 'Router Mode' and not have been changed to 'Modem Mode'.
•    Channel Optimisation must be left on.
•    The SSIDs must be the same and broadcast enabled.
•    The SSID must be password protected.
•    The Passphrases of the SSIDs must match.

As long as all of the above points are all met then the Pod should automatically connect to your Hub's Wi-Fi and begin broadcasting. The wireless details from the Pod will be the same as the Hub's details, so no additional steps are required to connect the devices in the home.
Please also ensure that the Pods are not in the direct area where any coverage blackspot exists. They need to be placed mid-range from where the router is, to the area where you're having the issue. Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Legend

Just a punt as you don't mention the type of VM Hub that is involved.

VM Pods & VM Connect app can stop working with a Hub 4 that has admin menu failure.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Hayleycropper 👋

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

Sorry you're having some issues with your WiFi Pod.

Have you had a look at our troubleshooting guide 👉 here for further support?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Think it is is hub 4 but no settings have been changed from default. I’ve ordered a new one as we did move house with the 2 boosters. Possibly not connected apparently. We’ll see if the new boosters work. If not. Back to the drawing board 

Hi @Hayleycropper 

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

There are a few requirements for the Pods to work with our Hubs:

•    The Hub must be in 'Router Mode' and not have been changed to 'Modem Mode'.
•    Channel Optimisation must be left on.
•    The SSIDs must be the same and broadcast enabled.
•    The SSID must be password protected.
•    The Passphrases of the SSIDs must match.

As long as all of the above points are all met then the Pod should automatically connect to your Hub's Wi-Fi and begin broadcasting. The wireless details from the Pod will be the same as the Hub's details, so no additional steps are required to connect the devices in the home.
Please also ensure that the Pods are not in the direct area where any coverage blackspot exists. They need to be placed mid-range from where the router is, to the area where you're having the issue. Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill