cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change sign in email address

wickford76
Tuning in

I need to change the email address I use to sign-in to My Virgin Media.  I have tried to do this online and I was supposed to receive a verification email to the new account.  Unfortunately, this didn't arrive for a long time - so long I had given up waiting.  I saw the email a couple of days later but when I click on the "create account" link I get an "Invite link expired" message.  If I go back into My Virgin Media and try to change my login email address again I get a "You've recently requested to change the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media. Please check your emails and verify this change before making further account changes" message.

So, I am completely stuck.  There is no way to verify with the original email, and no way to send a new one!  I've waited several days to see if it all resets itself, but it hasn't

Any Ideas how I can move forward from here?

Many thanks,

T

34 REPLIES 34

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi wickford76,

👋 welcome back to our community! Thank you for your post, sorry to hear you have been unable to change your log in Email for your 👉 Online Account, so I can help I am going to send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.  

Hello Paul, hope you're doing fine
I have exactly the same problem: the link to change the log in email has expired and I get the "You've recently requested to change the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media. Please check your emails and verify this change before making further account changes" message when trying again.
I can't proceed and would like assistance.

Thanks !

Hey mxstinger,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your online account. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

stuart066
Joining in

I have the same problem, "You've recently requested to change the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media. Please check your emails and verify this change before making further account changes" Can this be fixed?

Hi there @stuart066 

Thank you so much for your first post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your log in account as well, but not to worry, let me pop you across a private message and we will have a look.

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Hello, 

I have the same problem, when I attempt to change the change the email address I use to sign-in to My Virgin Media the following messege shows:

"You've recently requested to change the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media. Please check your emails and verify this change before making further account changes" Thank you.

Hi @Kevin35 

Thanks for your post and our apologies you are experiencing the same issue. 

I will pop you a PM now to assist further. 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

krashd
Joining in

Exact same problem as the others.  Trying to change email address and the site tells me it has sent me a verification email that I didn't get, and each time I have tried since it just repeats that I was already sent a verification email.  It's been weeks now.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks for reaching out to us @krashd.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me, and I'll have a look into things on our side, to have this resolved for you.

Thanks,

David_Bn