Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

No broadband since Tue pm

No internet since Tuesday pm, can't get any help. Earliest available technician visit Tuesday morning, so it would be a week without internet. Other half works from home, which is impossible without an internet connection. When I phoned, was put thro...

Resolved! Problems with Will-fi Hub 4

I have been on holiday but on returning found that the Wi-fi is not working properly. The Amazon fire stick right next to it works but any thing outside seems very poor. No connection to my computer next door. The Ethernet does not seem to work eithe...

Virgin Connect App

Hey folks,So at the back of the (small) house we hardly get a Wi-Fi signal at all. For example the laptop next to me has been unable to connect to the Hub3 for an hour despite multiple resets of both devices. This is normal and has been for a year or...

Can someone help me understand this image

Hi, this is the image I get when running a check on my router. My connection is working but I feel it could be better.When I ran this network diagnostic tool. I got the errors but no idea how to resolve them.Thanks In advance

IMG_7102.jpeg
LoopyLee by Joining in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

ring door bell and hub 3

I cannot connect my ring doorbell, I have renamed the 2 bands _2 & _5 but still not working, I've tried connecting when 5 is enabled and disabled, I tried auto & manually picking the channel its using.Ive removed the doorbell so it is next to the rou...

Wi-Fi pods

I have posted before about how to order Wi-Fi pods , had a private message stating I would receive a text message but still waiting for this to happen. All I want is to have the Wi-Fi range in every room as promised.

Resolved! Hub 3 not fit for purpose!

I am a relatively new Virgin Media broadband only subscriber. Have Hub 3, however despite super fast speeds, Wi-Fi is shocking! Tv is less than 3m from router and  regularly get message saying No connection! iPhones won’t connect around the home. Kid...

Red light on hub 3

HiI've had a constant red light on my hub 3 for a few weeks now. Have been in contact with Virgin Media support and I have followed their instructions to reboot etc but it hasn't resolved the issue.I'm concerned it could be a fire hazard (overheating...

sgrimmer by Tuning in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Poor/Slow Wi-Fi

For the last 2/3 months I've noticed a significant drop off on speed and reliability. I pay for the 350mbs package but last few speed tests have been around 130mbs. This is on WiFi but as a fibre engineer I have an exfo speed tester that connects to ...

Connecting another router

Hi, I have a Hub 5 as our main router. I am wanting to connect another router to our garden room. It would require about 50 mtrs of Cat 6 or Cat7 (what would be best, some of it would be exposed and some underground). What type and brand would be bes...

satphil by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos