Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

High packet loss

Monday-friday I keep getting high packet loss for up to 5 hours what making gaming impossible. I would upload a picture of pingplotter but your forum only allow 1mb file... it dropping packets all across the line to Google ip 216.58.213.4 but by a la...

My hub4 doesn’t want to hard reset

I have a hub4 router and it was working and all of a sudden, there is no Wi-Fi, tried Ethernet cable to access my internet, no joy. I tried to unplug and plug back in but no luck.i tried holding the reset button but no luck.When I switch the router o...

BT PRO Connection to hub 5

I’m unable to connect my BT TV PRO box to my virgin hub 5 ,either by wired connection (talk talk power line connectors) or wireless.The BT tv BOX won’t rescan to find my super hub ,it does show one vm network address ,but that’s not mine . I previous...

Toggyuel by Joining in
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi won’t stay connected

Hi, all week my phone and my laptop have been unable to stay connected to the WiFi. I’ve reset the hub (3) and turned it off numerous times. I’ve also called in but they were unable to help.The message I’m getting is unable to connect and all wired c...

DanV by Tuning in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connect VM mesh pod via third party router

I have a 4 story house with concrete floors. As a result I had to use a router (Unifi) for multiple hard wire connections. The VM modem/router is in the garage. Is there anyway to use a VM pod to add WiFi to a blind spot room. It can be directly hard...

Gavdaddy by On our wavelength
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Been having issues with broadband for over 8 weeks now

 Hi,So I've been having very random and intermittent issues with my broadband. I have spoken to numerous people who keep promising it is sorted but it never is. It will be ok for a week or so and then come back just as bad. I have attached an image t...

58831B33-C7CA-4241-9C80-EAA93BFAA5B2.png
billyg051 by On our wavelength
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Virgin grey Box

My Virgin grey outside box is falling apart but can't see any options to call an engineer out.Anyone help me please?Thanks  POS

WiFi switching itself off

WiFi suddenly stopped working this evening.Logged on to the router - and it's disabled itself. I have re-enabled several times, but the setting isn't holding.Any suggestions? And please don't say reset - I'm resetting this hub approximately every 48 ...

alip by On our wavelength
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos