Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

A single device won't unpause

Hi I'm struggling to unpause my sons xbox via the app all the other devices will pause and unpause except for this one device, everything I try I just get a oops message pop up but its not happening on other devices I've tried to re boot the hub and ...

Kev23 by Tuning in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Early Termination

What's the best way to terminate my broadband contract please?Am i better off calling? If ao, does anyone know the number please

louiem2 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outside fibre cable too short

Hello, I just got 1 gig fibre switched on yesterday. The speeds are stabilising no problems in that regard.  However, the cable running into my flat is way too short.  I'm getting around 6 inches which isn't even enough to let the router sit on the f...

Wifi booster

Hi - about 6 months ago we asked Virgin to check our wifi signal as it was poor in some areas of the house. He said that he would have a signal booster sent to us. We never received it. My daughter is not getting any younger and is forking out for 4g...

Poor wifi connection

I have recently joined Virgin Media moving from Sky standard broadband.  I have had nothing but trouble since moving, with both service provided and customer service.  My router in in my living room with nothing blocking it, however my laptop  (which...

Lee7777 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! ASUS Zen WiFi AX XT8 vs DHCP

Hi,im wondering if anyone can help me. I have a Virgin Hub 3 and I am trying to use an ASUS Zen WiFi AX XT8 router with it. I have followed the instructions and put the hub into modem mode. I have then followed the instructions for setting up the rou...

BDIS by Joining in
  • 26 replies
  • 1 kudos

Internet but no WiFi

Okay,So every couple of weeks, I’ll suddenly lose all of my WiFi connection. I have 3 wired Ethernet devices, they continue to work fine and my HUB 5 has a steady white light, which I believe indicates internet access. No amount of trying allows any ...

Dunninio by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Are my downstream and upstream power levels within spec?

I recently moved to a new house and decided to stay with Virgin Media as I was quite happy with it in my last place. In the new place I have found the connection to be quite frustrating, with pages sometimes loading indefinitely, and video calls bein...

oscarandjo by On our wavelength
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Does anyone know how to get the wifi pods

I have 1gb broadband was told by technician to contact virgin media to get a coupling of wifi pods because have a couple of black spots around tbe house inhave tried the connect app but in some places it wont connect they have changed to hub 5 but wa...