cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV crashing after rewind or fast forward

Peter-M
Joining in

Our Tivo TV is intermittently crashing after rewind or fast forward.

After a fast rewind, the sound stops first, then the screen goes black, then comes back after 20 seconds or so and its ok again.

The Tivo box start up screen does not show (so the Tivo box has not fully rebooted) and the LG TV screen does not show (so the TV has not fully rebooted).

It happens when watching live or recorded programmes.

Been fine for years but started this a few weeks ago. It is intermittent but happens several times per day.

Tried all the power off and checking changing HDMI ports but no change.

Any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If this was a problem with your HDMI output, it would affect OnDemand as well as live/recorded programmes - is this the case?

If only recorded content is affected, I would suspect a failing hard drive which can't be repaired. Report the fault via either phone or waiting on here, and a home tech should be booked. Providing you have VM home broadband, your box will be swapped for the superior V6. Runs the same software but much newer and quicker.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Peter-M 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of the TiVo® issue. Can you just clarify, do you mean TiVo® or V6 as the system check we've done suggests a V6 and no issues are showing when we've ran that check.

The V6 is the smaller box 👉 https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/campaigns/virgin-tv-v6-about.htmlNetflix

Check the link above and let us know 🙂

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Yes its a V6 box.

issue still happening intermittently when you do a fast rewind / fast forward / play.

Hi Peter-M, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

We're sorry to hear that this issue is still happening for you. We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Peter-M,

Thanks for coming back to me via private message to confirm your information.

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. Please note it can take up to 24 hours to show but you should also receive a text message with the details. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

➡ The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment

➡ The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment

➡ The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

➡ The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment. If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

We will continue to monitor your services and if we can see that the fault has cleared and the visit is no longer required we will cancel the appointment and let you know by text and email.

Let us know how the appointment goes.

Take care

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Stanley56
Just joined

Hi, I am having the same annoying trouble, can you tell me the outcome from your question? I see that you had a technician visit and would like to know if your issue was fixed or not? Thanks in advance

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Stanley56,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the communty.

Many apologies for the issues faced with your box, can I ask is this a regular occurrence every time you fast forward/rewind?

Let us know,

Kain