cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 remote not working properly

lena2
Tuning in

Hi

Some of my TV360 remote buttons aren't working. They won't change channel, OK does nothing, and it won't pause/rewind/forward. The home button works at the moment, so do the volume buttons. 
I never asked for TV360, I actually told Virgin I did not want to change my Tivo/V6 box and they just flannelled it, they did not explain what it is. It sounded like just a name update/rebrand. I hate it and now the remote doesn't even work properly. Does anyone have a idea why it doesn't change channel, pause etc? It was able to pause and rewind 2 days ago, and I've only had this mess for 1 month so it should work, it's new. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @lena2 

You should also try inserting new batteries.

Also try the following:-

Put the box into 'Pairing Mode' by pressing the Standby/On button on the front of the box for 10 seconds.  Then using the 360 remote control, press and hold the 'TV' button and the '0' button together for 10 seconds. And fingers crossed hopefully a  message should appear on the screen confirming that pairing was successful and the remote will function fully again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

roy247
Superstar

Have you tried factory resetting and repairing the remote,

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the 360 remote.

After the factory reset, try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds and it should now force pairing.

If it's still not working, then the quickest way to get a new remote would be to call 150 from your Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait for a member of the forum team to pick this up which could be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

You can use the TVGO app while you are waiting, or if your TV has a smart remote you might be able to pair that to the 360 box, my LG smart remote is paired to the 360 using Ziggo Set-Top box. You might need Ziggo Mediabox Next depending on the TV.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @lena2 

You should also try inserting new batteries.

Also try the following:-

Put the box into 'Pairing Mode' by pressing the Standby/On button on the front of the box for 10 seconds.  Then using the 360 remote control, press and hold the 'TV' button and the '0' button together for 10 seconds. And fingers crossed hopefully a  message should appear on the screen confirming that pairing was successful and the remote will function fully again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks, re-setting it has got it going again.