cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing 360 remote to new LG TV range is poor

arnie_oli
Up to speed

We have just sorted out a new TV. The 360 remote worked just fine with the old Toshiba TV. This is an JVC TV specifically a JVC LT-43CR330 bought from Currys today (not my choice it’s for an elderly family member). 

Going through the pairing process the TV isn’t instantly recognised. If I go through entering the model number not much works. If I go via the key testing option (I forget the specific name) where you press OK every so often one works. However the Virgin remote only works up to about 4 feet from the TV which is about 2 feet short of the sofa. 

I have tried everything and can’t get it to work any better. I have tried new batteries just in case. The TV’s own remote works just fine miles away. It isn’t an environmental problem and appears to be an output problem with the Virgin remote. 

Anyone have any ideas on how to get it working?

Virgin have sent a replacement remote just in case however the remote worked just fine with the old TV so I doubt that’s a problem. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

arnie_oli
Up to speed

I found the solution. 

You have to select Hisense-Roku in the brand NOT JVC. The second or third test found the correct coding. 

Dear Virgin, any chance you can bugfix this? It’s a JVC TV but you have compatible remote codes under the Hisense brand. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

arnie_oli
Up to speed

I found the solution. 

You have to select Hisense-Roku in the brand NOT JVC. The second or third test found the correct coding. 

Dear Virgin, any chance you can bugfix this? It’s a JVC TV but you have compatible remote codes under the Hisense brand. 

arnie_oli
Up to speed

For anyone else that needs it I found them solution after finding this reference page

https://support.roku.com/en-gb/article/212551937