cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TV crashing after rewind or fast forward

cat60
Tuning in

We have also been having exactly the same problem for months. I didn’t pick up on this thread at the time, unfortunately, as my search was focussed on the tv end (wrongly I now think). Please would someone be able to tell me what the outcome and/ or resolution to this problem was?

thanks

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@cat60 

Can you explain your issue? Also are you using a TiVo, V6 or TV360?

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

cat60
Tuning in

Ours is a V6 box and our problem is identical to that described at the beginning of this thread by Peter-M (other than ours is apparently a v6 box powered by TiVo) :-

Our Tivo TV is intermittently crashing after rewind or fast forward.

After a fast rewind, the sound stops first, then the screen goes black, then comes back after 20 seconds or so and its ok again.

The Tivo box start up screen does not show (so the Tivo box has not fully rebooted) and the LG TV screen does not show (so the TV has not fully rebooted).

It happens when watching live or recorded programmes.

Been fine for years but started this a few weeks ago. It is intermittent but happens several times per day.

The last significant entry on the thread was that an engineer would be visiting so I wondered what the result was.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@cat60 wrote:

Ours is a V6 box and our problem is identical to that described at the beginning of this thread by Peter-M (other than ours is apparently a v6 box powered by TiVo) :-

Instead of adding "me too" to someone else's thread, general forum etiquette is that it's better to start a new post explaining your issues, by all means link to a previous one - it's all now been done for you, and your posts are separate from the one you'd initially added to.

TiVo-software drives a V6 box, but common parlance is that you either have a TiVo or V6 - the two boxes are very different hardware. No TV box should be restarting anything more than occasionally and then overnight - anymore than that, probably suggests there's a fault somewhere.

The fix for this particular issue is likely to be a box replacement, done by means of tech visit after you report your fault to VM. You can report faults either by waiting on this forum a day or so, or by calling in on the usual number.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

Sounds like a faulty box, possible hard drive problem as it's occurring when using the hard drive to rewind and forward.

You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

Hi cat60,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your Tv services. 

I am happy to look into this and see what can be done to assist. 

I will private message you now. 

^Martin