cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording through TV Go app

Gr8m8again
On our wavelength

New 360 box today. Have tried to record. Recording using handset - OK. Recording using TV Go app - states box is offline and will be recorded when online. Comments appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is your TV360 set to either Active Start or Fast/Quick Start?

It needs to be, for remote recording to work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is your TV360 set to either Active Start or Fast/Quick Start?

It needs to be, for remote recording to work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Think it's sorted. Uninstalled and then installed the app and seems to be working. I'll try a few more recordings and if not OK will come back. Will also check settings. Appreciate your help.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Gr8m8again 

I notice from one of your other threads/posts <<< here >>>  that your 360 box was replaced earlier today, so pleased to see that the 360 is now working again.

It's possible that the TVGo app is still trying to connect to your old (now defunct) set top box and hence not finding the new 360. It might take a day or two for the systems to update with the new box details.

There are a few things you could perform to try and access the new 360 via the app if the box isn't set to fast or active start.

Sign out of the TVGo app and then sign in again, also try clearing the cache and storage on the app.

You could also try rebooting both the 360 box and your VM hub.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Gr8m8again
On our wavelength

I'm away from UK and been trying, unsuccessfully, to record progs on 360 box. It isn't channel dependent. Any reason?

Back again. Had new box before we left UK and now trying to use app abroad. Can't record/delete. App worked when I was in UK - uninstalled and then installed the app - now wondering why isn't working when I'm now away from home. Any thoughts.

What do you mean by "unsuccessfully"? Can you open the app and see your box? Do you get an error message?

My box often tells me it's in rest mode and can't set any recordings until it's been switched on again, but despite no-one having been at home to physically do anything to it, it's somehow recorded the programme anyway.

I get the "oops not able etc" . I can see the Guide and progs I've recorded in UK - some with hand set and some with app after we got the new box. It's like it's not linking with new box. I've deleted and reinstalled the app, our past recordings are there, but can't record new progs.

Hi,

That data is held on Virgin's servers so you will see it even if the box has no power. I see from previous post's you have set your box to fast start or active start, you didn't by any chance inadvertently switch the power off to box when you went away.

Another thing you could try is trying to watch a recording it might wake the box up or at least give you another error message which may help.

Gr8m8again
On our wavelength

I don't remember switching the box off. I've tried, unsuccessfully, to watch a recording but a message came up stating this is only possible if using home network, however as I'm away from UK I can't use home network.