Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

HUB 5 keeps dropping internet for a few seconds

HiI have used the Hub 2 in Modem only mode for years and it was rock solid and never gave an issue.I had an email late in 2022 to upgrade from the hub 2 to the new Hub 5. What a mistake. It just keeps dropping the internet for a few seconds at a time...

trekkiebob by On our wavelength
  • 30 replies
  • 1 kudos

Intermittent disconnections - seems worse under load

New customer of a few weeks, have a Hub 3.0 in modem mode. Mostly working fine however I'm experiencing occasional drop-outs on the Hub which always recovers on its own, usually within a few minutes. Most recently this morning just before 9am, these ...

sw_19 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internet dropping in Dundee area

Hi. I have been having an issue with my virgin media internet connection dropping and have been told to post on this forum. the errors from the log I'm receiving are  RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=xxxxxxxxxx;CMTS-MAC=xxxxxxxxxx;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;SYN...

BROKEN CABLE BOX ON MAIN FOOTPATH

Please can someone come and replace/repair the external cable box - it is broken with exposed wires. As a public footpath runs along the wall, we are concerned that this might be a safety issues. Kids walking by can just play with the wires/rip them ...

20230703_180710.jpg

Packetloss / High Latency

Hello When I am on with my friends on Skype or Discord, I suddenly get insane packet loss and Latency in the Liverpool L6 area, this has been happening for months, even through me getting a new SuperHub5, Virgin's Automated tools don't seem to detect...

Red light Hub 3. Virgin Engineer no-show.

Have tried resetting the hub multiple times, including factory reset. The red light remains. Every few days (sometimes every night) it goes into resyncing with the network mode and stays like that until I reset it. managed to get an appointment (3338...

itathome by Tuning in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Router red light

Please help. My router has a solid red light and no others. Internet works fine. I have rebooted and also reset (pin hole) but no change. any ideas?

amall123 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Scam call warning

I have just received a call on my Virgin landline number the caller told me she was calling from the Virgin technical dept. She said they had detected that my broadband speeds were not as good as I was paying for. She asked me to do a speed check whi...

Wi-Fi booster request

I’m on Volt M350 Fibre and apparently it’s supposed to be an average of 362mbps download speed. 85% of the time downstairs it is ok but upstairs it is awful. It says connected but pages don’t load, it’s not even able to run a video. i have the app an...

IMG_9133.png
Loismw by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos