Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Resolved! WiFi pods

I've just received an upgrade to Hub 5 but still have a poor connection at the rear of the house and moving the hub isn't an option. I can't see where to order a wifi pod through VM Connect app and going online directs me to a contract renewal (which...

No connection for 3 days

Had no connection for 3 days, after multiple calls a test being run down the line, a technician call, finally an engineer came out this morning to discover the street cabinet has been destroyed by a car! I Can’t believe no one else has reported this,...

Jd52 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 3 red

have red led light on my hub 3 for weeks now and very intermittent WiFi signal around the house. have tried all online instructions from VM like reset, leave off for hour and etc. nothing helps. had this hub for 3 years and now worried as read that i...

Karamis1 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Permanent Red Light on Hub 3

Help! Everything I’ve read on here suggests my hub is overheating if there is a permanent red light on it & most likely needs replacing. How has anyone managed to get a replacement as telephoning Virgin Support gets you absolutely no where?!?The hub ...

Resolved! Red light on hub 3

Hi there, we have a red light in our hub 3. We have tried switching off for over an hour, and a pin reset in the back and it still reloads with a red light. The device is not hot at any time. Does anyone know what the next steps are to get this resol...

Resolved! Hub 2 to Hub 3 change

I now have 3 SSIDs - the original one with the Hub 2, a -2 variant of this and the new one for the Hub 3. This has confused my home network to the point where I can no longer transfer pictures from my canon camera to my computer. The problem is almos...

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

New to virgin media and keep getting ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR message on Google Chrome. Followed online tips e.g. have cleared my cache switched off child safe and virus safe from my online account. But no luck!

jfras001 by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Complaints ignored by VM

I have 3 open complaints with VM and they continue to ignore me. Has anyone else had the same issue? Can you recommend a way to get them to deal with the conplaint reasonably? I have wasted hours and hours of my time trying to get through to someone ...

Jeeksy by Tuning in
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network cable unplugged but it never is!

Having just spent a small fortune on a wireless Ring video doorbell/chime and wireless outside security camera ( camera not Ring). Both report weak WiFi signal and work intermittently. Have done speed checks etc and my front door/hallway  shows 3mbps...

wood296 by On our wavelength
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos