cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi booster request

Loismw
Joining in

I’m on Volt M350 Fibre and apparently it’s supposed to be an average of 362mbps download speed. 85% of the time downstairs it is ok but upstairs it is awful. It says connected but pages don’t load, it’s not even able to run a video. 
i have the app and it says to request a booster I need to run a Wi-Fi test but it doesn’t even acknowledge I’m connected to the Wi-Fi so I can’t run the test. 
I have to keep switching to my mobile data and it’s running it down. 

this is what it says despite being connected. 

IMG_9133.png

3 REPLIES 3

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Loismw thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

You do appear to be referring to speed tests over WiFi and unfortunately, unless you're on the WiFi Max package we don't guarantee WiFi speeds, even on this (with WiFi Pods), the maximum speed guarantee is 20mbps.

Can you please do a speed test via ethernet here and let us know how you get on?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hey thank you for your reply. I did get through (after 4 hours) on the chat function and I’m being sent some pods. I did a Wi-Fi test online rather than via the app and it only managed to do the download speed which was 0.04mbps! It didn’t even manage to complete an upload speed. How do I find out if I’m on the max package? I’ve had a look on the app but can’t see it. I’m concerned now that when I receive the pods I’m going to still have terrible speed. 

Here is a screenshot of my Wi-Fi speed test and what I can see on my account. 

IMG_9137.png

IMG_9139.png

Hi @Loismw thanks for your reply, that's great news.

The WiFi Max package is the WiFI Pods package, they are the same 😊

Hopefully this does help with things for you, they should guarantee your speeds at 20mbps at least through WiFi.

For more info on this please see here.

Many thanks

Tom_W